PDA

View Full Version : Opticoat, Permanon, Element 119

highgrade
01-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Last vehicle received Opti-Coat. Customer wanted an extra coating of something to keep it like new with ease. A week later, car was treated with permanon. Love it! (Permanon was only applied over the Opti-coat once we got the go-ahead from the Permanon folks. The product apparently does not adhere well to typical "sealers" because they are poly based)

Anyone use Element 119 System X. I have a client very interested in the product and I am curious how it compares to Opti-coat. Anyone have any experience they would be willing to share?

richy
01-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I agree with you. I am a huge fan of Permanon, both the auto and the platinum! I find the key to using the least amount and getting the best result is by applying via a paint gun. That puts on the thinnest, yet complete layer. A pump up garden sprayer is next. I use it over both OC and OG/C with great results. Unlike ReLoad, there are no issues with black either.
As far as the 119 goes, I own it but have not tried it yet. Gotta figure out which car I can do it to first. I think it's rated in between OC and CQ in terms of durability. It has a very fast cure time, so be aware of that.

highgrade
01-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I agree with you. I am a huge fan of Permanon, both the auto and the platinum! I find the key to using the least amount and getting the best result is by applying via a paint gun. That puts on the thinnest, yet complete layer. A pump up garden sprayer is next. I use it over both OC and OG/C with great results. Unlike ReLoad, there are no issues with black either.
As far as the 119 goes, I own it but have not tried it yet. Gotta figure out which car I can do it to first. I think it's rated in between OC and CQ in terms of durability. It has a very fast cure time, so be aware of that.

Thanks Richy! I use the garden sprayer for the permanon. I was told a paint gun uses more product. No hurries for me and the sprayer works fine. For the price, it is some amazing stuff.
As for 119, the company makes a pretty strong statement with their video showing 150 washes using Dawn. Of course, I expect Opti-coat to be able to handle the same thing.

A-train
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
As far as looks it is very similar, you wouldn't be able to tell which was which in a side by side. The application is and flashing of 119 is quicker. According to andrew @ system x You can apply and wipe of around the 45 sec mark. ive haf a time getting it off when left for 2-3 min. Have used permanon w it as well as reload with good results. both have there quirks, still trying to get down my fav method.

A-train
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
O and the durability is supposidly about 2 years for a daily driver. im only in month 4 but still going strong. I think its a good deal personally bc you get a bottle of pre clean so u wont have to buy car pro eraser, which I prefer to ipa.

highgrade
01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
do you think 119 is on par with Opti-coat?

highgrade
01-29-2012, 10:44 PM
O and the durability is supposidly about 2 years for a daily driver. im only in month 4 but still going strong. I think its a good deal personally bc you get a bottle of pre clean so u wont have to buy car pro eraser, which I prefer to ipa.
good point about the pre-clean. heck....I typically use KleanStrip Prep-All with no problems. Never tried pro-eraser.

A-train
01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
do you think 119 is on par with Opti-coat?

I mean ive never done any extensive testing, but I honestly do think they are on par from what ive seen. its hard to induce wash instilled swirls on these coatings which is really what sold me on them.

A-train
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM
good point about the pre-clean. heck....I typically use KleanStrip Prep-All with no problems. Never tried pro-eraser.

never tried that but im sure it works great. if you ever do buy eraser, cut it 1 to 1 w water, its the bomb on cleaning windows too.