PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang deep gloss cure time

Pages : [1] 2

Motogoon
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
I've been searching the forums on my phone but it's a little hard. I'm wondering if I can drive before the 12 hour cure time on the car. Will I be safe driving home an hour distance while the deep gloss has been sitting on the car for a good 6 hours. I would also need to wax the car after the gloss cures is this safe if driving is ok

hoyt66
01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I've been searching the forums on my phone but it's a little hard. I'm wondering if I can drive before the 12 hour cure time on the car. Will I be safe driving home an hour distance while the deep gloss has been sitting on the car for a good 6 hours. I would also need to wax the car after the gloss cures is this safe if driving is ok

I'm pretty new but from what I have read it's more that you don't want to expose it to water more than anything. So it would be ok to drive if it's not wet out. I would wait the

12/ then wash before waxing to remove any contamination you picked up driving home.

CAMAROZL1
01-29-2012, 06:29 PM
I personally wouldn't recommend it. your exposing your car to the elements. keep your car in the garage and just wait it out

Rsurfer
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
You will be fine, but you might have to QD before waxing.

Detail-Impressions
01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Not a problem, I have done it a many a times on my personal cars and trucks.
On Customer's cars I go with Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 because of the curing time, then apply wax.

Motogoon
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks I'm waiting it out going to throw some doodoo juice blue velvet first time on this laser blue Chevy.

ONE Question : my blue LC pad that I used for the Wolfgang deep gloss is oozing out a grease like gel which I'm guessing is the gloss? I can't even clean this pad it just keeps oozing and the gel is almost water proof ? Is this pad junk it was brand new first time using

Rsurfer
01-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Clean it the best you can and dedicate it for the Wolfy sealant.
Thanks I'm waiting it out going to throw some doodoo juice blue velvet first time on this laser blue Chevy.

ONE Question : my blue LC pad that I used for the Wolfgang deep gloss is oozing out a grease like gel which I'm guessing is the gloss? I can't even clean this pad it just keeps oozing and the gel is almost water proof ? Is this pad junk it was brand new first time using

RTexasF
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Drive it, keep it dry if at all possible. Even if it gets wet all you lose is some durability. There is no "must" to top Wolfgang with a wax, it looks mighty sharp all by itself.

Motogoon
01-29-2012, 10:52 PM
For my first time on this truck I didn't find the deep amazing gloss I wads hoping for ? I did the Wolfgang 3.0 system and ending with deep gloss but still think it needs pop haven't seen it in perfect sun since its been overcast.

ShineTimeDetail
01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Depending what your using to top it but I topped 3.0 with Fuzion and was very disappointed in the results.

Alex Boyce
01-30-2012, 01:40 AM
I usually let DGPS set on the paint for about a hour, wipe it off and try to not drive it for as long as possible. I also have tried topping it with Fuzion the day after with poor results.

DGPS is currently my favorite LSP. Unbelievable slickness, awesome gloss, amazing beading, great durability.

I've driven my car after applying it with not much of a change in much of anything. My vote goes for driving it after a few hours.

Rsurfer
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
It's 90% prep work and only 10% LSP. Your final outcome will only look as good as what you did in the polishing stage.If you polished the paint correctly, Turtle Wax will look good.

[QUOTE=Motogoon;612316]For my first time on this truck I didn't find the deep amazing gloss I wads hoping for ?

Shawn T.
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Speaking of which.........

Turtle Wax Products (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?44957-Turtle-Wax-Products&highlight=)

Shawn T.
01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I really like DGPS......

XMT 360 topped with DGPS

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0817.JPG

monito
01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Do it in the garage around 5pm finish by 8pm. Leave car in the garage. Drive it out at 8am.

Pat