PDA

View Full Version : Topping with wax that much better?

WRXINXS
01-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

Just trying to decide if I am going to top my two coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with a traditional caranuba wax. Would it really make my car look that much better than the WGDGPS alone? Would it attract dust? What do you guys like the look of, sealant or sealant w/wax? If I go with the wax I am going to get either P21s Concours or DP Max Wax.

Drew

WRXINXS
01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey guys I think I'm just going to stick with the sealant. I have some spritz sealant to apply after washes to keep the slick look.

Thanks,
Drew

Chris's FX4
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Two coats of WGDGPS looks pretty impressive by itself. Very wet, slick, and glossy. This what I have on my truck.

I put two coats of WGDGPS followed by Fuzion on my moms Edge. The Fuzion seemed to bring the gloss down a little, but seemed to add some depth and warmth to the paint to me. It felt a little slicker after the Fuzion too.

I really think its just a personal preference.

M0nk3y
01-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I always put Dodo Juice ontop of WGDGPS. I don't think I compromise much, as said earlier I think I might of lost some minor gloss...but gain in depth.

With that being said, it also helps extend the length of WGDGPS, making the car look that much better over time:

1 Coat of WGDGPS, Dodo Juice Hard Candy and Rainforest Rub

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8281/dsc0051cf.jpg

Rsurfer
01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Nice ride.

I always put Dodo Juice ontop of WGDGPS. I don't think I compromise much, as said earlier I think I might of lost some minor gloss...but gain in depth.

With that being said, it also helps extend the length of WGDGPS, making the car look that much better over time:

M0nk3y
01-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Nice ride.

Thank you :dblthumb2:

Vegas Transplant
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
What was the final decision on the road rash if you don't mind me asking?

WRXINXS
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
What was the final decision on the road rash if you don't mind me asking?

I had just done a correction before using colorchip. I used some Dr. Colorchip but I butchered the application. I let it dry for too long before removing and also did not smear the spots as flat as I should have. Because of this I had to "scrub" harder with the blending solution towel and ended up marring the paint. I just ended up giving up for now and polishing just the lower road rash panels that I hit with dr colorchip to fix the damage. I have really soft clear and fear the paint will mar even if I had done it correctly but I might give it a second shot in a few days.

Drew

alko
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Whew!!! Monkey....that BMW looks fantastic. I

Drew... always try to put a layer of wax ontop of a sealant. I didn't put a sealant on this past winter detail which I should have. Back in July of last year, I used Sonus SFX 2-4 (4 being the sealant) and it looked WAY better. I can't wait to try out Ben's sample of BFWD.

yosheego
07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Two coats of WGDGPS looks pretty impressive by itself. Very wet, slick, and glossy. This what I have on my truck.

I put two coats of WGDGPS followed by Fuzion on my moms Edge. The Fuzion seemed to bring the gloss down a little, but seemed to add some depth and warmth to the paint to me. It felt a little slicker after the Fuzion too.

I really think its just a personal preference.

Yeh I definitely notice this too. I have 2 coats of WGDGPS, looks really good, wet, and shinny, but when I threw on some DP Max Wax as a topper and it brought it down a bit, but the same time adding some depth/warmth sheen to it. (which IMO, looks good at angles) I think next time I will try to just leave the WGDGPS and hit with the Sprintz sealant after every wash to maintain it.

WOW!!! The car looks incredible with shine! :dblthumb2: