PDA

View Full Version : vette owners

White95DodgeRam
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
so my buddy just got an 07 z06 6 speed with his deployment bonus and has the factory installed swirls, as my gift to him im plannin on detailing it but i rememebr yall saying that the clearcoat is hard, so my question is what polish/pad combo do yall reccomend i have ssr 2.5 and plan on ordering some xmt 3 in the next few weeks.....

chu
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
might want to send KILLRWHEELS a pm.

Rapidity
03-02-2007, 04:28 PM
must have been a huge deployment bonus.

RPM06
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
so my buddy just got an 07 z06 6 speed with his deployment bonus and has the factory installed swirls, as my gift to him im plannin on detailing it but i rememebr yall saying that the clearcoat is hard, so my question is what polish/pad combo do yall reccomend i have ssr 2.5 and plan on ordering some xmt 3 in the next few weeks.....

2006 Monty Red C6:

Menzerna IP worked best for me for removing light swirling. It's a great product line. Neither SSR 2.5 nor XMT 3 didn't do much for my Vette clear. They are good products too but worked best on my truck and wife's car. I hear the new XMT 4 is supposed to pack a punch. I don't think it's released yet though.

:cheers:

White95DodgeRam
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
his is an indigo blue sweet little ride and i get to take it down the track tonight :D im VERY excited to say the least

Surfer
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Menzerna, or if you don't have it Optimum Compound. SSR 2.5 should be able to work, but OC is stronger and finishes nicer, plus has long work times which is important on hard clear like Vettes. XMT doesn't seem strong enough on hard clears. I'd use something like an Orange or Green Edge light cut pad and OC, and then follow up with a polish on blue or white finishing pad. What pads do you have as there are different codings for different manufacturers. How bad are the swirls though, you can use OC with a less agressive pad as it still has great correcting ability but finishes nicely.

Friend had some work done by LG on his C6 Z, sounds like a drag car at idle lol, lope lope lope lope.......

ScottB
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I find the Mezerna Ceramiclear product really works best on the Vettes clearcoat. If it wasnt available, then a team approach. SSR 2.5/1.0 or XMT 3/1 ....Optimum would even work well using more aggressive pad choice and longer polishing times.

ltoman
03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Good luck.... it's a job.
I still have work to do on mine - I held off after finishing round one, until spring hits.
It is a chore alrighty. Not half as rewarding as some others I have worked on.
Lauren

Al-53
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
the 2 best polishes for the Vette are Menzerna Intensive polish and PO106FF...they have the right type abrasives for the hard type clear....they will make life so easy using them..

Al

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-02-2007, 08:09 PM
I use Menzerna PO1066FF and Souveran on my black C6. The depth and
shine are awesome. I have tried other combos, but this one produces the best results.