PDA

View Full Version : re-introduction! hello again everyone!

exk20z3kid
01-28-2012, 04:54 PM
So I was on here before. I tried logging in and my password was wrong. I tried getting one sent to my email and apparently it was so long ago that I do not even have that email address active anymore! I used to drive an 06 Civic Si. I just recently traded it for a Subaru WRX. Here are pics!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/k20z3kid/new%20wheels/20120124_140900.jpg

I am thoroughly confused by all the new products. It has been years since I have checked this place out because of how busy I have been. I need to re-stock on products, but it seems like there is so much new stuff!

Does anyone have advice on polishes to use? I am not entirely aware of how soft/hard Subaru paint is. On my Honda my go to was Menzerna 106FF and then an application of Souveran. I am not sure if Menzerna would be too abrasive for Subaru?

The dealership did their lovely complimentary swirl inducing car wash for me so I am going to need to buff those swirlies out!

So what hot new products is everyone using?

rider9195
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Welcome back to the forum!

Autogeek has made some new additions. Such as Blackfire, Chemical Guys, CarPro and some more.

What machine would you use the Menzerna 106FF with? Subaru paint is very soft just like Honda's. Start off with the least possible aggressive method first to see how much correction you can achieve and go from there. I would look into a quality paint sealant such as Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Then top with Souveran.

exk20z3kid
01-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Welcome back to the forum!

Autogeek has made some new additions. Such as Blackfire, Chemical Guys, CarPro and some more.

What machine would you use the Menzerna 106FF with? Subaru paint is very soft just like Honda's. Start off with the least possible aggressive method first to see how much correction you can achieve and go from there. I would look into a quality paint sealant such as Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Then top with Souveran.

Thanks for the welcome! I would be using my Flex xc3401 which I love. I had a PC7424 before but it just took way too long to correct with the PC.

Yeah I saw all the new brands! Haven't heard of any of them. Too many options! Haha.

I see there is Menzerna 106FA now which I guess is the equivalent of FF? I am thinking I should get some of that or maybe Menzerna Final Polish? Also how are these new LC hydro pads?

rider9195
01-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I would be using my Flex xc3401 which I love. I had a PC7424 before but it just took way too long to correct with the PC.

Yeah I saw all the new brands! Haven't heard of any of them. Too many options! Haha.

I see there is Menzerna 106FA now which I guess is the equivalent of FF? I am thinking I should get some of that or maybe Menzerna Final Polish? Also how are these new LC hydro pads?

Very nice machine! The new lines I mentioned have fantastic products. Have used a couple from each line.

106FA is just the updated version of 106FF. Better gloss, less dusting, faster cut according to Menzerna. If the bottle of 106FF is still good, you could probably still use that. Since Subaru paint is very soft and can be hard to finish down nicely on at times, I would pick up some PO85RD.

The Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads have a closed cell design, which means the product won't soak into the pad like the regular flat or CCS tend to do. This means that the product stays in between the pad and paint and less product is used. The Cyan pad is the most aggressive, then the Tangerine, and finally the Crimson. Since you will be using the 3401 VRG you can stick with the 6.5 inch pads. Seeing that the car is pretty new I would pick up two of color pad. I would start with the Tangerine pad with PO106FF (or 106FA if you choose to buy that) and see if that removes the defects. If not step up to the Cyan pad.

Hope this answered some of your unasked questions! But if you have any others, let them at me. :xyxthumbs:

exk20z3kid
01-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Ah thank you so much. Starting to get my memory refreshed on how this is the most awesome/helpful forum I have ever been a member of.

After doing some more browsing through the store I came across Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0. What is the overall impression for this stuff? It definitely seems like something I would be interested in.

rider9195
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Ah thank you so much. Starting to get my memory refreshed on how this is the most awesome/helpful forum I have ever been a member of.

After doing some more browsing through the store I came across Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0. What is the overall impression for this stuff? It definitely seems like something I would be interested in.

Opti-Coat 2.0 is a paint coating. It is a WOWA(Wipe On Walk Away) product. Which means you wipe the product on and pretty much no wiping off is needed. I don't know that much about Opti-Coat off the top of my head, but here are some must read threads about this product.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/33999-new-product-optimum-opti-coat-2-0-a.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html