PDA

View Full Version : Keep, Trash or Buy?

armoredsaint
01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
After checking out my detailing cabinet at home, I have too much stuff like we all do! I always enjoy trying out new things on my cars.

Anyways, I have the Menzerna kit, Klasse Twins and the whole Zaino collection - so what should I keep, trash or buy instead? I'm always willing to try new stuff or stick with what I know best like Zaino for now.

timaishu
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Dont throw it away man!

Give it to me lol.

Stop buying and use what you have.

bl3ujay07
01-28-2012, 01:31 PM
if you do decide not to keep your menzerna kit, ill pay for shipping and expenses?

armoredsaint
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM
if you do decide not to keep your menzerna kit, ill pay for shipping and expenses?

it's about 2 years old

bl3ujay07
01-28-2012, 02:03 PM
if they have a decent amount for at least one car, fine with me. If they dont work anymore, its just shipping. If it still is good, awesome! USPS priority is only like $10 anyways.

ArkayoDeetayo
01-28-2012, 02:30 PM
imo you should keep ALL your products, and USE them before buying new stuff...you have the 2 things that are most important anyways, the Menzerna to polish to a swirl-free shine and the LSPs to keep it looking sharp...and you get to save money, so don't TRASH or BUY, but USE!
it doesn't make sense to throw something away to just get another product to replace it does it? Especially since Menzerna is the top/high end of the polishes so you won't find anything better and the klasse twins offer very good protection as well as the Zaino.
if the Zaino/Klasse (who are sealants) does not give you the look you desire, they both are two of the LONGEST lasting LSPs that arn't coatings, and you can just use them as a base sealant and top with a NUBA if you are not satisfied with the looks

armoredsaint
01-28-2012, 02:49 PM
imo you should keep ALL your products, and USE them before buying new stuff...you have the 2 things that are most important anyways, the Menzerna to polish to a swirl-free shine and the LSPs to keep it looking sharp...and you get to save money, so don't TRASH or BUY, but USE!
it doesn't make sense to throw something away to just get another product to replace it does it? Especially since Menzerna is the top/high end of the polishes so you won't find anything better and the klasse twins offer very good protection as well as the Zaino.
if the Zaino/Klasse (who are sealants) does not give you the look you desire, they both are two of the LONGEST lasting LSPs that arn't coatings, and you can just use them as a base sealant and top with a NUBA if you are not satisfied with the looks

i like your thoughts!:dblthumb2:

only thing i remember about the Menzerna is the FMJ - it doesn't last long at all for a garage queen and it powders/dust when removing.

timaishu
01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Just because its old doesn't necessarily mean its no good. Give it a good shake.

I have a 5 year old bottle of nxt I havnt used up yet and its still good.

oldmodman
01-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Do what I did.

Keep everything forever.

I bought more storage cabinets as necessary.

And when I ran out of wall space in the garage I built another garage.

And I just placed another huge order today. I guess there is no hope for me.

tw33k2514
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I still have the Meguiars deep crystal system on my shelf.... Idk why I can't seem to throw it away.

Rix6
01-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Use the least durable stuff first.
If that doesn't solve your problem you can send your offending products to me for proper disposal. :D

rfinkle2
01-28-2012, 07:33 PM
I have thrown away products in the past, and regretted doing so some time later.

Some of what I threw away, I regretted badly enough to buy over again.

One thing I can recommend from personal mistakes is if you are just a hobbyist, only buy the smallest available bottle / jar etc.

You can always order more if you run out, but there are very few things that you will ever run out of.