PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

Noob
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Gonna be ordering one of these this weekend - Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer (http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer/product-reviews/B000Y190WE/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1)

And want to know what are some options I have as far as specialized shampoo for foam guns (hooked to my normal hose) - Can I use Meguair's Gold Class Shampoo?

glen e
01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I have found the following work well in my gilmour
Chem Guys glossworkz
Ultima Wash
Blackfire wash

I have only found one that did not work so well: meg's RV soap

jekyl05
01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
also check out DP's extreme Foam

Noob
01-27-2012, 09:24 PM
I have found the following work well in my gilmour
Chem Guys glossworkz
Ultima Wash
Blackfire wash

I have only found one that did not work so well: meg's RV soapIs the backfire you mention the one that's on BOGO?

glen e
01-27-2012, 09:36 PM
no ----but i doubt it would be a prob....

VISITOR
01-27-2012, 09:42 PM
IME, any kind of pink soap (maxi suds, megs super soap, 3D pink car soap) has worked well in the foam gun. they are all also reasonably priced at around $15 or less for a gallon...

ProMoDe
01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
also check out DP's extreme Foam

:thumbup::thumbup:

Dr Oldz
01-27-2012, 10:43 PM
The megs GC does work pretty nice in a foam gun, but give the DP Extreme Foam out at least once. I think it is an amazing soap for the foam guns.

DaHen
01-28-2012, 07:14 AM
but give the DP Extreme Foam out at least once. I think it is an amazing soap for the foam guns.

:iagree:

Meticulous-Detail
01-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Megs Hyperwash works very well in the FG too!

KBsToy
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
IME, any kind of pink soap (maxi suds, megs super soap, 3D pink car soap) has worked well in the foam gun. they are all also reasonably priced at around $15 or less for a gallon...

:dblthumb2:

TroyScherer
01-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Ok, I do have one question before giving a full answer because in my experience I use different soaps for different purposes. What is your intended use with the foam gun? Pre soak / LSP stripping / bucket wash replacement?

Normal pre soak: Meg's GC works well as do most normal bucket washes that foam well in a bucket. I dont suggest any wash and wax soaps though. My personal soaps for this are DP xtreme foam, CG maxi suds, CG honeydew, Meg's hyper wash. You really should try one of the foam gun soaps to see what the full potential is. I wouldn't waste my money on the gloss enhances like CG Glossworkz as you are pre soaking and are going to wash everything off. So it is a waste of an expensive soap IMO.

LSP stripping: I use an apc mixed in my normal foam soap or CG CW&G or CW&C. These are made to strip LSP at the right dilution ratio.

Bucket wash replacement: I use any of my normal soaps. The more it foams in the bucket the more it foams in the gun.

I hope this helps.

glen e
01-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Ok, I do have one question before giving a full answer because in my experience I use different soaps for different purposes. What is your intended use with the foam gun? Pre soak / LSP stripping / bucket wash replacement?

Normal pre soak: Meg's GC works well as do most normal bucket washes that foam well in a bucket. I dont suggest any wash and wax soaps though. My personal soaps for this are DP xtreme foam, CG maxi suds, CG honeydew, Meg's hyper wash. You really should try one of the foam gun soaps to see what the full potential is. I wouldn't waste my money on the gloss enhances like CG Glossworkz as you are pre soaking and are going to wash everything off. So it is a waste of an expensive soap IMO.

LSP stripping: I use an apc mixed in my normal foam soap or CG CW&G or CW&C. These are made to strip LSP at the right dilution ratio.

Bucket wash replacement: I use any of my normal soaps. The more it foams in the bucket the more it foams in the gun.

I hope this helps.

excellent info...assuming car is not "winter dirty" and it's just routine cleaning, how long is a presoak? until it starts to dry, I assume?

TroyScherer
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
excellent info...assuming car is not "winter dirty" and it's just routine cleaning, how long is a presoak? until it starts to dry, I assume?

That is what I use as a good rule to go by. I let it dwell and do what it can an hose wash it off before it can dry.

dad07
01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Dp extreme foam works great....but I can't stand the smell!