PDA

View Full Version : Polish Longevity?

armoredsaint
01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
So cleaning out my detail cabinets at home, I have the whole collection of Menzerna sealants and polishes like FPII, IP etc and Klasse AIO and SG - it's about 3 years old. Always in room temperature and out of sunlight.

Anyways, is this stuff still good to use? Reason why it's been so long is that I switched everything to Zaino and now I am looking for other products to replace Zaino. The system is too time consuming for a weekend warrior like myself with the mixing bottles etc.

:buffing::dblthumb2:

andrew b
01-27-2012, 05:27 PM
If they haven't separated, they should be fine. I have some Klasse AIO that's over 5 years old that works fine....

Stang Man
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Any reason for switching from Zaino?

I'm still on a bottle of Z2, and thinking of trying something else once its all used up. I'm a little apprehensive though, I've used Zaino exclusively for about 7 years now and love it- easy to apply, remove, and it stands up to the elements very well.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

ski2
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM

I'm still on a bottle of Z2, and thinking of trying something else once its all used up. I'm a little apprehensive though, I've used Zaino exclusively for about 7 years now and love it- easy to apply, remove, and it stands up to the elements very well.

I was in the same position as you--switched to DG products for less cost--better availability with equal durability and have no regrets.

armoredsaint
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM

not really, after going though all my stuff - i still have about 75% of Zaino left - I have the whole collection and I will say it works well. i am starting to think that i'll just stick with zaino for this year.

anyone have opinions on the Z-PC Fusion? Better than Menzerna IP or FPII?

armoredsaint
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
I was in the same position as you--switched to DG products for less cost--better availability with equal durability and have no regrets.

isn't it made by the same company, was it Zaino or DG or vice versa? ;):coolgleam:

Stang Man
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Thank you for the post, I'll need to look into DuraGloss and their product line- the prices are VERY reasonable.

Stang Man
02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
not really, after going though all my stuff - i still have about 75% of Zaino left - I have the whole collection and I will say it works well. i am starting to think that i'll just stick with zaino for this year.

anyone have opinions on the Z-PC Fusion? Better than Menzerna IP or FPII?

I've never used the FPII, but the Fusion doesn't work as well as the IP. I tried both on a black STS-V last weekend. The test spot of Fusion looked good, but I had to go over it with the Menzerna IP to get all of the fine scratches out.

umi000
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Thank you for the post, I'll need to look into DuraGloss and their product line- the prices are VERY reasonable.

This might help...

101 ~ ZAIO
111 ~ Z2
105 ~ Z5
221 ~ Z10
AW ~ Z8
921 ~ Z6
601 ~ ZFX
441 ~ Z9
Swirl Remover ~ ZPC

armoredsaint
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
This might help...

101 ~ ZAIO
111 ~ Z2
105 ~ Z5
221 ~ Z10
AW ~ Z8
921 ~ Z6
601 ~ ZFX
441 ~ Z9
Swirl Remover ~ ZPC

now you've done it! :bump2:

Stang Man
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
This might help...

101 ~ ZAIO
111 ~ Z2
105 ~ Z5
221 ~ Z10
AW ~ Z8
921 ~ Z6
601 ~ ZFX
441 ~ Z9
Swirl Remover ~ ZPC

Looks like I have my next purchases lined up! (After I run out of the Zaino, obviously)

armoredsaint
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Looks like I have my next purchases lined up! (After I run out of the Zaino, obviously)

same here to save some money, especially the QD sprays.:xyxthumbs:

and is it all chemically the same I assume?

umi000
02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Don't know if they're exactly the same, but the list should enable you to find reasonable substitutes :D