PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Mist Question

Pages : [1] 2

bambo2888
03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Is it ok or am i the only one who uses CM as a quick detailer? I remember reading the description some time back and it said that CM is not a quick detailer, but I since I got some in the goodie bag at DF, I figured what the heck. I love this product, especially as a QD. Should I continue to use this in this manner or should I switch over to the new DP stuff?

Thanks guys :D

Whitethunder46
03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Do you have the new formula or old?? I believe the new formula is very similar to a spray wax.

The old formula from my understanding is more of a cleaning, light dusting, type of QD. That's why I bought 64oz. for $25 :)

My line up is AW for spray wax when the surface is totally cleaned. CM for very light dusting, PB's S&W for heavier dust, very very light dirt, and 4&1 rinseless wash for anything else.

nick19
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
CM (old version) contains No1. Yellow Brazillian wax, which is why I will use it once a week after a wash.

When I found this out, I figured that QD's don't usually contain wax, so I treat it as a spray wax.

Crystal Mist Spray Wax is not a quick shine silicone spray or an instant detailer. It is a blend of ultra-refined genuine Brazilian carnauba, lubricating oils, and crystalline polymers that bring your paint back to life! The liquid formula bonds instantly to the existing wax coat to re-wet the paint, restoring the liquid look of a fresh wax coat.

Mike T
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
CM (old version) contains No1. Yellow Brazillian wax, which is why I will use it once a week after a wash.

When I found this out, I figured that QD's don't usually contain wax, so I treat it as a spray wax.

Crystal Mist Spray Wax is not a quick shine silicone spray or an instant detailer. It is a blend of ultra-refined genuine Brazilian carnauba, lubricating oils, and crystalline polymers that bring your paint back to life! The liquid formula bonds instantly to the existing wax coat to re-wet the paint, restoring the liquid look of a fresh wax coat.
Same here. My favorite QD is Poorboy's S&W.

nick19
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Same here. My favorite QD is Poorboy's S&W.

Mines S&G or QS for QD. But I'm ordering DP's Final Gloss QD with my order of CM.

I personally think CM is the best spray wax out there; without having tried spray-Souveran though.

Whitethunder46
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
So CM is a carnauba spray wax and should only really be used after washings?

nick19
03-02-2007, 11:38 AM
So CM is a carnauba spray wax and should only really be used after washings?

From that clip from their website, it sure seems like it is a spray wax to me. It can be used whenever you want.

bambo2888
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
well, I'm using the CM that I got with the gifts from DF, so I am unsure of whether its the new formula or not. I have been using it everyday before I head off to classes to remove the dust from sitting overnight in the carport.

Nick, you should really try the Spray Souveran out. I bought a bottle at DF and its simply amazing, plus the smell is addicting. Sometimes I will use a product exclusively because of its scent, hehe. This product is the ultimate when it comes to spray waxes. It's so easily applied and buffed away, making my pearl really shine through.

There reason I ask this question is because of the awesome sale right now. I figured, hey $25 is nothing for a huge bottle of CM and the way I've been using it lately, I'll need all 64oz of it.

Can anyone tell me if the DF stuffer was the new or old formula? What would the difference be between the QD if they had a little carnauba in it or not? Perhaps waxing some contaminants in?

bambo2888
03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
btw, 19 year olds really DO ROCK (just turned 19 on the 8th of February)

ScottB
03-02-2007, 11:48 AM
the original CM was very versatile, and could be used as both. because it added alot of gloss and depth, it was mostly used as a booster over the Pinnacle waxes. About 3 weeks ago it was redesigned as a qd'er only, and the new Souveran Spray Wax was made to truly boost Pinnacle products.

bambo2888
03-02-2007, 11:50 AM
AH YES! that means new or old, I can QD with it!!! YES! lol

Whitethunder46
03-02-2007, 11:50 AM
the original CM was very versatile, and could be used as both. because it added alot of gloss and depth, it was mostly used as a booster over the Pinnacle waxes. About 3 weeks ago it was redesigned as a qd'er only, and the new Souveran Spray Wax was made to truly boost Pinnacle products.

ahhh, so the new formula is more of a light dusting QD? And the old was kind of both, since there wasn't a dedicated Pinnacle spray wax.

That makes sense. Thanks Scott.

nick19
03-02-2007, 12:24 PM
btw, 19 year olds really DO ROCK (just turned 19 on the 8th of February)

I know, I know.. :D

Happy-belated-birthday to you...

nick19
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
well, I'm using the CM that I got with the gifts from DF, so I am unsure of whether its the new formula or not. I have been using it everyday before I head off to classes to remove the dust from sitting overnight in the carport.

Nick, you should really try the Spray Souveran out. I bought a bottle at DF and its simply amazing, plus the smell is addicting. Sometimes I will use a product exclusively because of its scent, hehe. This product is the ultimate when it comes to spray waxes. It's so easily applied and buffed away, making my pearl really shine through.

There reason I ask this question is because of the awesome sale right now. I figured, hey $25 is nothing for a huge bottle of CM and the way I've been using it lately, I'll need all 64oz of it.

Can anyone tell me if the DF stuffer was the new or old formula? What would the difference be between the QD if they had a little carnauba in it or not? Perhaps waxing some contaminants in?

I guess if you can afford it, go for it. I am assuming 64oz might last me half a year. I use CM every week, and S&G or QS every other day.

bambo2888
03-02-2007, 12:30 PM
thanks for the bday wish, chris. it must be nice to have a darker colored car, i need to CM everyday, sometimes twice, because dust just has it out for my car. and the second any moisture is in the car (including FL humidity), it turns into a mess and sticks to the car.