PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz and reload

Pages : [1] 2

jamores23
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Im working on a blue Bmw which I applied 3 layers of cquartz. Everything is cured and good to go, but now when I applied reload I cant get it to finish down with smudges and its actually hard to get it off. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Matt S.
01-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I always use Reload when the vehicle is still wet after a wash and it works great without any streaking. Might want to try washing to remove the streaks and give this method a try.

Avi@CarPro
01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
How long did you wait after cquartz applied and used the Reload?
between the 3 layers you did? again how long you waited between each layer?

jamores23
01-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I put one coat let it cure for a hr waited 6 hours added another coat and waited the same amount of time. C Quartz has cured for 8 hrs before trying to use reload. I cant get the smudges off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Avi@CarPro
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
after the 3 layers , the surface was perfect? nothing on as smudges?
the only thing i can think of is that the 3 layers didnt fully dried so the additional reload damaged it,
i wonder what was the temp. room in the whole procedure you did...
try to remove it with ipa or eraser. if not, APC should remove the smudges..
i hope it will work..keep me updated.

jamores23
01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
AVI, this is not the first time i have problems with cquartz, its EVERY time. it cured properly. if i use ipa wont it damage the finish on cquartz? the car is being returned in 4 hours. this is not right or fair for my customer. he had high expectations. removing the cquartz causes minor scratches due to how hard it is to come off. I even let it dry for 1.5 hrs when the labeling instructions clearly state about 10 minutes which is by far not even close to being right. Im honestly done with using cquartz. Im not one to thrash someones products but i've had enough of this. I am trying to use distilled water to remove the smudges, its working but not much and is causing minor scratches like mentioned before. i also tried diluting reload with distilled water and spraying directly onto the mf and still nothing. I've spent 30 hours on this car to basically have to restart? thats not right. if you have a problem feel free to contact me at 954 826 5611 my name is joel. I hope you call to resolve this........

ArkayoDeetayo
01-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Joel, you are scaring me! I wanted to try Cquartz+Reload. I heard so many great things about CQuartz, now I have to hold off, hope you get your problems resolved. Any pictures to show the "problem"? Also I would love to see a blue bmw coated ;)

HotWhipT/A
01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I would not have put on 3 layers. 2 at the most. I don't have any Reload yet, but I wouldn't have put the Reload on for a week to let the Cquartz fully cure. I understand it being a customer's car, it wasn't possible to put Reload on it a week later easily. I've never had a problem with CQuartz other than the product turning into gel in the bottle. AG fixed me up though.

jamores23
01-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Avi, to clear somethings up, I used distilled water to get the stains off. on behalf of reload, its a great product, BUT the smudging issues need to be solved. I wont ever use reload other than on windows. It did cause some micro marring from how hard i had to rub to get it off. there are still some spots that wont budge unfortunately

jamores23
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
pics will be up soon, but every time ive used it ive had issues. the recommended drying time is wrong. well at least where im at its 86F and it takes a hr - 1.5 hrs to actually dry good. just dont use reload. ive read on some threads here reload is very finicky on dark colored paint.

Avi@CarPro
01-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Joel
you are "jumping before the horses"
ipa or apc or others will not remove the cquartz, i said that so you will remove these smudges from the Reload.
no need to wait until cquartz dry to wipe it off, and specially NOT at 30 deg.C (86 F.)!! what you actually did is rubbing the micro crystals which dried on the surface , and can make these smudges you saw.
at that temp. waiting 10 min maximum is enough. it should feel kind of sticky feeling while wiping it.
on dark color paint we do say better to dilute 1:0.75(reload:water) the reload.
but light color no need.
i think its something with your application.
if you want more help to see exactly how you'r using the cquartz and why you never succeed to get the right results you are welcome to pm me or send email.

jamores23
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
avi, the last time this happen you told me i must of got a bad batch of cquartz and reload and now its my way of application ? whats next im using sand paper to apply cquartz? im sorry but this is not good customer service. and im not the only one on AG that has these problems, im just the only one on AG who is making a post about this and putting it out there for everyone to know. ive been detailing for 9 years and to be quite honest OPTI COAT IS WAY BETTER!

gus_ngl
01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
hi , im frequently user of cquartz, i have applyed more than 10 cars , its normal the first time you use cquartz get a little hard to remove. you must follow the time as the label says.

im from argentina , the wheater here its hot this days (Arround 28 to 35 degrees).

with this temps i usually wait no more than 10 minutes to remove , this is not like a wax or sealants , its a ceramic coat , thats mean hardness , if you wait that long the cquatz will get harder and may cause more scracthes when you try to wipe off (wich sealant cause this if not removed in specific time? )

if you want to talk with me please, give me your msn or your e mail addres i can show you some pictures :)

dad07
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
im from argentina , the wheater here its hot this days (Arround 28 to 35 degrees).

What?

gus_ngl
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
sorry.86 F or 30 Celsius degrees , we are in summer atm , and we get aaround 28 Celusius degrees to 35 Celsius degrees , its that your question ? sorry mi inglish its bad but my intentions are good :D