PDA

View Full Version : Live Video Stream this Saturday and Sunday

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

DealerDetailer
01-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Thank you to everyone over at Autogeek who made it possible for us here on the forum to watch!

Hoytman
01-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Sure do appreciate the good folks at AGO for letting me and Levi get a birds-eye view of how it's done properly. We really look forward to another live feed in the future.

A big thanks to Yancy, Mike, and Nick.

MackIII
01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
What did he use to prep the pads before adding the swirl remover? Also, I had to leave, but wanted to know was there a wiping technique used to remove the wax on the final waxing?

thx

Robert8194
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
What did he use to prep the pads before adding the swirl remover? Also, I had to leave, but wanted to know was there a wiping technique used to remove the wax on the final waxing?

thx

The pads were prepped with Advanced Swirl Remover by spreading a coating like spreading peanut butter on toast (Mike' analogy). Then, three pea size dots are placed on the pad to start working it.

Sorry you had to leave but the removal of the wax is designed to make sure that we didn't undo all of the hard work going into making the gloss on the finish the best we could get. Very high quality Microfiber towels were used and each person removing wax was wearing at least one microfiber glove. The towel is folded in the typical manner (fourths) and a small spot of the entire waxed car is "broken" and then the spot is "creeped out" removing wax slowly with frequent turning of the towel.

The weekend was amazing and we learned a lot. Mike is a great teacher and IMO is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the detail business. A big thanks to Max for allowing us to have these classes and to Mike for teaching them and to Nick for all of his support. These classes are the best way to learn and to get an opportunity to try out every machine in the store. Highly recommended. If you enjoyed the live feed, imagine how much you will enjoy being at the next class.

Robert8194
01-29-2012, 06:07 PM
WOW!!! That truck looks awesome! Those guys are doing a great job!

Thanks. We had a blast. The classes are highly recommended if there is any way you can get to one.

Robert8194
01-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Great job Yancy!!! As always Mike did a great job teaching everyone!

Yancy is amazing. How he managed to keep up with 16 wild men running around polishing a truck is hard to comprehend. Unless you see it, you cannot imagine all the work he does to get this In production. Thanks for all your hard work Yancy.

Robert8194
01-29-2012, 06:13 PM
They did an awesome job on the grill.

The credit goes to our youngest detailer, Max. It was his idea and initiative. Sure made the grill pop and set off the entire front.

MackIII
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM
The pads were prepped with Advanced Swirl Remover by spreading a coating like spreading peanut butter on toast (Mike' analogy). Then, three pea size dots are placed on the pad to start working it.

Sorry you had to leave but the removal of the wax is designed to make sure that we didn't undo all of the hard work going into making the gloss on the finish the best we could get. Very high quality Microfiber towels were used and each person removing wax was wearing at least one microfiber glove. The towel is folded in the typical manner (fourths) and a small spot of the entire waxed car is "broken" and then the spot is "creeped out" removing wax slowly with frequent turning of the towel.

The weekend was amazing and we learned a lot. Mike is a great teacher and IMO is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the detail business. A big thanks to Max for allowing us to have these classes and to Mike for teaching them and to Nick for all of his support. These classes are the best way to learn and to get an opportunity to try out every machine in the store. Highly recommended. If you enjoyed the live feed, imagine how much you will enjoy being at the next class.

Thank you so much for your very thorough answers to my questions. So basically just having a good quality microfiber towel and rotating it frequently to remove the wax was it. I thought I over heard something about a certain type of way one should wipe the wax off, as I was on the phone at work, but wasn't sure.

Great classes and learned a lot!!!:xyxthumbs:

Robert8194
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much for your very thorough answers to my questions. So basically just having a good quality microfiber towel and rotating it frequently to remove the wax was it. I thought I over heard something about a certain type of way one should wipe the wax off, as I was on the phone at work, but wasn't sure.

Great classes and learned a lot!!!:xyxthumbs:

I think the point that was being made was you don't just grab a towel and start wiping uncontrolled. This was a show car and the paint was single stage so it was fairly soft. Using poor technique or rough towels could have introduced scratches that we had spent a lot of man hours getting rid of and didn't want new ones.

Yancy
01-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Yancy is amazing. How he managed to keep up with 16 wild men running around polishing a truck is hard to comprehend. Unless you see it, you cannot imagine all the work he does to get this In production. Thanks for all your hard work Yancy.

You are welcome and thanks.

BillE
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Just want to say, THANK YOU for the feeds!

Wasn't able to catch much of Sunday (prior commitments), but what I saw...GREAT.

Watching Mike and 'the class' reminds me of that beloved shop teacher that a lot of us remember from high school.

Thanx again...

Bill

Mike Phillips
01-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I too would like to thank Yancy for manning the camera doing all the behind-the-scenes work it takes to stream out live video...

Thanks Yancy!

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the live stream portions of our Detailing Boot Camp class, with enough positive feedback we just might do it some more into the future...

:xyxthumbs: