PDA

View Full Version : ONR vs. UWW+

lucky472
01-25-2012, 07:50 PM
I swore I saw a thread like this, but I can't find it anywhere and have a few questions. Right now I have UWW+ and simply have a mixture that I've used more as a quick detailer

1. Are these products the same principal? If they are different, what's the differences and which one would you use for different purposes

2. Can you use them both as a qd?

3. What's the best methods to use as a wash for each (again do you use them the same way)

4. Is there any advantage to spray the car first with a pressure washer, then use either of these products from a pump sprayer (maybe spray then wipe) or do you have to dilute it in a bucket and wipe that way.

I've very curious as to what everyones preferences are and how exactly they apply/use

mjlinane
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
1. Similar but different. UWW+ can be used as a waterless wash (and is excellent) and has protection. ONR is primarily a rinseless that can also be used as a clay lube.
2. Yes but that is not ONRs strength.
3. I use ONR as a rinseless and UWW+ as a waterless. Some members use UWW+ as a rinseless but I haven't tried that.
4. Yes - the more dirt you remove without touching, even with a MF, the more you reduce the risk of marring.

lucky472
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the response. I guess i'm just confussed with what the difference is between a waterless and no rinse wash

tw33k2514
01-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the response. I guess i'm just confussed with what the difference is between a waterless and no rinse wash

A waterless wash uses only the waterless wash mixture and usually a MF to wash. A rinseless is like a regular wash, but no rinsing.

Vegas Transplant
01-26-2012, 09:59 PM
You're getting there hand. Slow but steady wins the race. Happy detailing...

lucky472
01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
A waterless wash uses only the waterless wash mixture and usually a MF to wash. A rinseless is like a regular wash, but no rinsing.

I'm not sure why I just dont get this. Probably because the thought of both still freaks me out altough I hear great things.

Is this correct....UWW+ can be mixed as a qd and just sprayed and wiped.

or

It can be mixed in a garden pump sprayer and used the same as above but in a one or two gallon mix. Spray, let soak, wipe with clean micro fibers, no rinsing (is this considered waterless)

or

Used in a bucket with grit guard and wiped on with clean micro fibers (is this rinseless)

I just dont get what the difference is since it doesnt seem like you rinse off any and you still need to add water to both

toycar18
01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure why I just dont get this. Probably because the thought of both still freaks me out altough I hear great things.

Is this correct....UWW+ can be mixed as a qd and just sprayed and wiped.

or

It can be mixed in a garden pump sprayer and used the same as above but in a one or two gallon mix. Spray, let soak, wipe with clean micro fibers, no rinsing (is this considered waterless)

or

Used in a bucket with grit guard and wiped on with clean micro fibers (is this rinseless)

I just dont get what the difference is since it doesnt seem like you rinse off any and you still need to add water to both

Watch this video :Difference between Rinseless & Waterless Wash (http://youtu.be/D2i0YPz_DBE)

UWW+ can be used as a QD, Waterless and Rinseless wash. I prefer ONR over UWW+ for rinseless due because ONR is cheaper. I also LOVE UWW+ for QD and waterless wash.

Waterless is for very light soil. I use almost daily to remove dust. Rinseless is for both light soil to moderate. You don't want to use for caked on stuff or you can presssure wash first to remove large contaminants. They can be used safely but make sure you use light pressure, high quality MF, High Quality mitt for rinseless. Be sure your mitt and MF is clean. Always inspect for small debris before using. Also use Two Bucket System (http://youtu.be/Iv1ETEKTqbw) for rinseless.

I was skeptical about waterless and rinseless washes and now I LOVE them.

lucky472
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Watch this video :Difference between Rinseless & Waterless Wash (http://youtu.be/D2i0YPz_DBE)

UWW+ can be used as a QD, Waterless and Rinseless wash. I prefer ONR over UWW+ for rinseless due because ONR is cheaper. I also LOVE UWW+ for QD and waterless wash.

Waterless is for very light soil. I use almost daily to remove dust. Rinseless is for both light soil to moderate. You don't want to use for caked on stuff or you can presssure wash first to remove large contaminants. They can be used safely but make sure you use light pressure, high quality MF, High Quality mitt for rinseless. Be sure your mitt and MF is clean. Always inspect for small debris before using. Also use Two Bucket System (http://youtu.be/Iv1ETEKTqbw) for rinseless.

I was skeptical about waterless and rinseless washes and now I LOVE them.

I think it just finally clicked, anyway you look at it, you don't rinse either qd, waterless or rinseless. My only question is...so is using it as a QD or waterless wash basically the same thing?

shoeless89
01-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I think it just finally clicked, anyway you look at it, you don't rinse either qd, waterless or rinseless. My only question is...so is using it as a QD or waterless wash basically the same thing?

Quick detailers are different then an actual waterless wash. A quick detailer is meant to add some extra shine after a wash or to remove stuff like finger prints. QD's can also be used to remove light dust but I don't like to do that. A waterless wash has much more lubricating agents that help lift dirt away from the paint and help keep from marring the paint. A QD does not have nearly as many lubricating agents. Thats why is usually a lot cheaper. If you dilute UWW+ to QD ratio, use it as a QD not a waterless wash.

I've used ONR for rinseless washes and UWW+ for rinseless and waterless washes. I prefer ONR for rinseless, and UWW+ for waterless. I only usually use a waterless wash for light dust. I've pushed the limits of ONR and I've been very impressed. Although I wouldn't recommend it.

lucky472
01-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Quick detailers are different then an actual waterless wash. A quick detailer is meant to add some extra shine after a wash or to remove stuff like finger prints. QD's can also be used to remove light dust but I don't like to do that. A waterless wash has much more lubricating agents that help lift dirt away from the paint and help keep from marring the paint. A QD does not have nearly as many lubricating agents. Thats why is usually a lot cheaper. If you dilute UWW+ to QD ratio, use it as a QD not a waterless wash.

I've used ONR for rinseless washes and UWW+ for rinseless and waterless washes. I prefer ONR for rinseless, and UWW+ for waterless. I only usually use a waterless wash for light dust. I've pushed the limits of ONR and I've been very impressed. Although I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for the info. I didnt realize that there was different dilution rations for a uww+ qd or the waterless wash. I wish thinking about doing the uww+ as a waterless wash out of a garden pump sprayer. I would also mix up a small bottle for a qd in case of bird droppings. Does that make sense. I already have the uww+ and not onr