PDA

View Full Version : For Football Fans: My son's junior year highlights

Pages : [1] 2

Advanced Detailing
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
As a proud Dad, i just wanted those of you who are football fans to enjoy his tape.
He was injured as a senior in his second game but was still ranked in the top 160 of the State and ranked #6 as Athlete in Fla.
During the spring he was visited by 65 colleges which was the highest number of all high schools in south florida.
His first offer was to Nebraska but because of having taken the wrong classes in home schooling, that no one told us about, he HAS to attend a Juco first.
It will give him an opportunity to be rediscovered i think.
He has offers as a Qb, receiver and safety.
Again, just a proud Dad showing off a little :)

Ghierry Vanderkuyp 6'3 185 #11 JR WR /ATH HIALEAH SR HIGH - YouTube (http://youtu.be/g2oFVSoN6-w)

alko
01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Star in the making!!! Your kid is mad talented! He's definitely something serious out there.

Advanced Detailing
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
In this combine tape you see two UM recruits, one Bama recruit, Utah state and more.
South Florida produces the most D1 talent and eventually NFL players for some reason.

ESS South Florida Combine Highlights - Elite Scouting - YouTube (http://youtu.be/EKhpV1mC9bE)

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 05:14 PM
congrats and good luck to him!

Advanced Detailing
01-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks, he will do good as long as he stays healthy and takes care of his academics.

tmoney82
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Send him on down here to Bama so he can win some championships! Good looking athlete!

Advanced Detailing
01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I think he likes Bama, but i'll make sure i push him to become a Cane. I don't mind Bama as a school but in South Florida we have bad feelings toward a coach who runs away from a professional career because he can't hack it and gives up living in a big city by the water to go be a big fish in a little college pond.
Nothing against Bama or the town it's in but where would you rather be coaching.
He sucked at being a coach on a professional level and gave a bullcrap excuse for leaving.
Sorry if i'm venting but i can't stand the man.
Besides NO OTHER school has produced the number of NFL talent like the U has.
The U will be back now that they are recruiting in their own back yard again, this is where the talent is.
But like i said, i do like Bama too.

rddmxmeth10
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Not going to lie, kid looks very good. If I was him, I would stick to QB. He's got the height, has a rocket for an arm, looks like he knows where he is going with the ball before its snapped. As WR, he seems to have great hands and is very quick.

And the reason the south produces, I think, the most D1 talent is because football is year round, unlike the north. Winter is a little hard to practice with snow; you know, because nowadays, kids I guess are a bunch of Mary's and their parents are even worse and we have to wipe their asses and baby them!

JUCO is not bad, he will be able to pack on more muscle, and depending on the program/coaches he has, will develop his mechanics and ability to play the game.

When I graduated from High School I had went to Cortland and tried out for the football team and was a walk on. In HS, I was a LB/G and was 5'11 215 lbs. When I went to Cortland, they moved me to FB bc I had good feet and could hold a block and was too short to be a lineman. During an offseason training session, I blew my knee out from someone going low on me. Ended any hopes I had. Not like I was going pro, but still to this day I feel a twinge if I move the wrong way.

But good luck to your son! I wish him much success with his future endeavors!

Flash Gordon
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Congratulations! Thats quite an achievement!

TornadoRed
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
#6 athlete in Florida = #7 athlete in the nation.

That's impressive!

How much money do I have to send you to get him to pick Boise State? It's ok as long as he doesn't know.

tmoney82
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I think he likes Bama, but i'll make sure i push him to become a Cane. I don't mind Bama as a school but in South Florida we have bad feelings toward a coach who runs away from a professional career because he can't hack it and gives up living in a big city by the water to go be a big fish in a little college pond.
Nothing against Bama or the town it's in but where would you rather be coaching.
He sucked at being a coach on a professional level and gave a bullcrap excuse for leaving.
The U will be back now that they are recruiting in their own back yard again, this is where the talent is.
Professional is professional no matter if it NFL or college. To be honest, there's probably more pressure on him to win at Bama, than it was with the Dolphins! You know there's one thing that he likes and that control. Which in the NFL, there is lack of. The teams that have coaches that are hard nose and control players(Patriots and Gaints) usually have the best teams! I mean it's been like 5 years since that happen and I really do think that he enjoy the college level better than pros.There are other coaches that left at a drop of a hat like Saban did but people just like to hate on him.
But back to your son, helluva player. I can understand you wanting him to be a Cane! They became my second best team after 1993 sugar bowl game! If they ever get the right coach back in there, sky is the limit!

Robert8194
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM

That's impressive!

How much money do I have to send you to get him to pick Boise State? It's ok as long as he doesn't know.

I think the NC2A closed the Cecil Newton loophole didn't they? Now if they can stop another school in our state from buying Our commits, we may have a team soon.

Advanced Detailing
01-25-2012, 09:56 PM

That's impressive!

Actually Boisie State has been in contact with him A LOT, but they will now all have to wait till he comes out of JUCO.
And i don't hate on Saban , he just left a bad taste in the mouths of those of us in So Fla.
Both schools, as so many others have amazing programs. As long as he ends up getting a good education, i will be good with his decision.

Robert8194
01-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Yes, the Little Man is still a professional coach. He ran from Miami and will run from Bama if the price is right. The real bull crap excuse was that he was a pitiful pro coach and all about himself and the money.

Your son is very talented and deserves to play where his talents will be appreciated. Yes, Miami is coming back. I don't understand the recruiting at Florida or FSU. How are these junior coaches getting these top recruits? Miami has got to put an end to the other guys getting such talent. But, Florida is talent rich. All three major schools can get their share and still leave a few for Auburn and Alabama (how much did Julio and Trent cost?) rumor Julio went for a measly $85k. The falcons should have gotten such a deal.

ALLN1WASH
01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
This is awesome!!!! I can remember when I was in his position, definitely the most exciting time of my life. Good luck to him with his career. I'll be checking up with you to see how things are progressing....