PDA

View Full Version : What are the opinions on Griot's microfibers?

Pages : [1] 2

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 10:27 AM
I just ordered some Griot's Speedshine MF's, I'm thinking about getting some of their other color coded MF's to keep everything separated. What are the general opinions of them? I'm used to Meg's Supreme Shine and I really like 'em for the price.

SRTSean
01-25-2012, 10:42 AM
I have some of the orange polish removal mf's, and also some of the white wax removal mf's. The orange ones work well for me, but I'm not a fan of the white ones as they seem to lint quite a bit.

zkeeper
01-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Honestly over the years I have a used a loooot of different brands. AG sells some nice ones but the Griot's line is probably my best bet for long lasting and the "stay fluffy" factor. The colors are nice, and it seems there's a reason on the green used for spray on wash, which is my go-to for regular wash ups. They are thick and grab dirt away. The remaining colors just keep you honest in prod usage...and I do it, as its easy to remember--but not essential of course. BTW--I have not had linting with any of theirs in any color. We wash them correctly and all has been fine. One thing I like is they do not shrink up, or have issues at the edges which many MF's prods do...I hate the curling of an MF and their does not. Good luck...:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I just ordered some Griot's Speedshine MF's, I'm thinking about getting some of their other color coded MF's to keep everything separated. What are the general opinions of them? I'm used to Meg's Supreme Shine and I really like 'em for the price.

I won't go into your decision-making process for ordering GG MF towels; but, considering your reasons you gave above for the particular Meg's MF towels; it leaves me having a twinge of curiosity.

Anyway...
-I've used...after washing them first, of course...The three (3) GG Speedshine MF towels I received upon placing a previous GG order ['free' of cost I will add].

-I used them as directed. They performed as advertised.

So, I am thinking...Now that you've already ordered the GG MF towels...Why not give us your general opinions of them, once you've put them into operation? Thanks.

Respectfully awaiting your "review",

Bob

:)

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I won't go into your decision-making process for ordering GG MF towels; but, considering your reasons you gave above for the particular Meg's MF towels; it leaves me having a twinge of curiosity.

Anyway...
-I've used...after washing them first, of course...The three (3) GG Speedshine MF towels I received upon placing a previous GG order ['free' of cost I will add].

-I used them as directed. They performed as advertised.

So, I am thinking...Now that you've already ordered the GG MF towels...Why not give us your general opinions of them, once you've put them into operation? Thanks.

Respectfully awaiting your "review",

Bob

:)

I will do a quick review once I receive them, of course I feel that the Meg's Supreme Shine mf's do a great job and I've never had a problem with them other than the fact they don't offer them in other colors. That being said I can clearly see the apparent difference in Cobra, Chemical Guys and other super plush mf's and am just wondering if they truly are in another world compared to the "cheaper" mf's. Griot's seems to be right in the middle pricewise at least.

embolism
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I hope your car is a light colour.

If it's black then you've just bought yourself some nice wheel towels

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope your car is a light colour.

If it's black then you've just bought yourself some nice wheel towels

LOL, it's black. I see you've had marring issues with them. I'll make sure to be test on some inconspicuous areas of the car. If that's the case, I needed dedicated wheel mf's anyways so it's still a win.

silverfox
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Not a fan, and would ever buy them again. I keep going back to my CG Monster blues...and the Cobra blue/green plush with rolled edges.

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Not a fan, and would ever buy them again. I keep going back to my CG Monster blues...and the Cobra blue/green plush with rolled edges.

Thanks for the input. I just ordered a CG miracle drying towel as well. I currently use an absorber synthetic very carefully but I wanted to get an actual mf drying towel. It looks amazingly plush and soft so hopefully it'll spur me to buy some Cobra or other CG's in the future.

glen e
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
The gold GG towels are favs of mine....I keep them special, just for final buff off....they get washed separately

embolism
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
LOL, it's black. I see you've had marring issues with them. I'll make sure to be test on some inconspicuous areas of the car. If that's the case, I needed dedicated wheel mf's anyways so it's still a win.

they don't mar, just lint all over the place, even after washing.

on black, it'll look like tick marks all over the place, which only get worse as you keep wiping.

MustangMikeFL
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM

on black, it'll look like tick marks all over the place, which only get worse as you keep wiping.

Oh okay, I assumed the worst lol. I'll report my findings in a comparison review to the Meg's SS mf's

SRTSean
01-25-2012, 01:21 PM

I've found the same thing. Looks horrible on black.

5.4 Shelby
01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I have been using them for years. Once in a while one will start linting and leaving what looks like tick marks. I just figure out which one is doing it (easy since I am inspectin my work as I go) and throw it away.

Otherwise, I love them. Esp the blue and green.

embolism
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I have been using them for years. Once in a while one will start linting and leaving what looks like tick marks. I just figure out which one is doing it (easy since I am inspectin my work as I go) and throw it away.

Otherwise, I love them. Esp the blue and green.

well then they quality has gone down dramatically cause I got a 3 pack back in Sep and they linted from the get go...