PDA

View Full Version : How safe is a Boar's Hair Brush for washing?

armoredsaint
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I've been wanting to buy one, but I'm hesitant in how safe it is or will it scratch my paint job easily? Plus $60 is expensive for a brush.

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/GriotsGarage/66073?$detail$

LSUFAN
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Theres going to be a lot of mixed opinions on this. I own my mobile detailing business an i use one everyday but also take very good care of mine, its 3 years old an still in great condition but has also never touched the ground(in trailer or other wise). Some people dont like to use them bc they can cause marring, and scratches. You dont need to use any pressure while using one just let the weight of the brush,water,an soap do the work. I also use the two bucket method with the grit guard that has the angled piece for brushes. Hope this helps, i use them because they help with cutting time being that i do many vehicles in a day.

armoredsaint
01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Theres going to be a lot of mixed opinions on this. I own my mobile detailing business an i use one everyday but also take very good care of mine, its 3 years old an still in great condition but has also never touched the ground(in trailer or other wise). Some people dont like to use them bc they can cause marring, and scratches. You dont need to use any pressure while using one just let the weight of the brush,water,an soap do the work. I also use the two bucket method with the grit guard that has the angled piece for brushes. Hope this helps, i use them because they help with cutting time being that i do many vehicles in a day.

thanks for the reply, i'm so undecided on it still - i currently use the sponge from Lowe's that was popular here, bought a whole bunch of them and so far, it works perfectly with a 2 bucket method too.

i'm always looking for other/better methods of washing

LSUFAN
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Anytime, As long as you take care of them i honestly believe there worth every penny an saved me at least 15min a vehicle in washing. Just a few tips if you do decide to get one, Always use a good stream of water an wash all the heavy debris off the car first, let the brush seat in your wash solution for about 5 min( helps soften the bristles ),and wash all chemicals/dirt out the brush after your finished.

Vegas Transplant
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
What do you plan to use it on . Personal, production,or occasional washes.I have some customers whose paint is so swirled that i just use a split hair nylon truck brush on. I would not use on personal.

armoredsaint
01-24-2012, 09:14 PM
What do you plan to use it on . Personal, production,or occasional washes.I have some customers whose paint is so swirled that i just use a split hair nylon truck brush on. I would not use on personal.

it was going to be on my personal cars, i do have a karcher power washer and a foam cannon, makes a nice scene for my neighbors asking wthIm the MAN

Vegas Transplant
01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Please disregard the nylon split brush. You made a wise choice in your post. Happy detailing...

armoredsaint
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Please disregard the nylon split brush. You made a wise choice in your post. Happy detailing...

no problem at all, i just might stick to what works with the sponges from Lowes :xyxthumbs: and use a boar's hair for the wheels