PDA

View Full Version : Pricing: $45/hr and $60/hr= ? per ln ft?

sahrcar
01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I operate my own mobile detailing business and have thus far primarily been doing automobiles. Im starting to get asked to do boats more often and I've recently discovered that my prices are way lower than most other people in my area for boats. I've been asking only $9/linear foot for a wash and wax and just $15 ln ft for polishing. When I detail cars I charge $45/hr for basic cleaning services and $60/ hour for paint correction services for polishing and wetsanding. What would the 45 and 60 hourly rates equal to if I was to charge by the linear foot to get those rates? Thanks!

Vegas Transplant
01-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Hard to say going by your parameters alone.

My proccesses probably varies from yours. The only watercraft I do now

are pontoons. Mainly because I like to polish out all the aluminum.

Which is a highly messy job-but quite desirable end product.

mwoolfso
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Start off with rough calculations and refine them as you see fit. Convert the boat services to an hourly rate based time spent on prior jobs or any other approach that suits you. This will permit you to get an initial view of the differences between boat and car services. There may be more that needs to be done, but resolve yourself to taking small, iterative steps in building the financial model and you will gain the clarity you are looking for over time so you can make the necessary business decisions.

Vegas Transplant
01-24-2012, 06:26 PM
When you detail by the hour do you give approximate time estimates? Curious.

Flash Gordon
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
I operate my own mobile detailing business and have thus far primarily been doing automobiles. Im starting to get asked to do boats more often and I've recently discovered that my prices are way lower than most other people in my area for boats. I've been asking only $9/linear foot for a wash and wax and just $15 ln ft for polishing. When I detail cars I charge $45/hr for basic cleaning services and $60/ hour for paint correction services for polishing and wetsanding. What would the 45 and 60 hourly rates equal to if I was to charge by the linear foot to get those rates? Thanks!

That depends on how fast you work, the condition of the boat and what the customer is expecting. There is no time chart that I'm aware of