PDA

View Full Version : spraying WG Spritz Sealant on wheels

flyinion
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Is it safe to spray WG Spritz Sealant directly on wheels? Or should I spray some sort of application device and wipe it on? If the latter I'll probably just break out the WGDGPS bottle and a foam applicator and save the Spritz for just my paint.

Rsurfer
01-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I would use a wheel specific sealant like Blackfire Metal Sealant.
Is it safe to spray WG Spritz Sealant directly on wheels? Or should I spray some sort of application device and wipe it on? If the latter I'll probably just break out the WGDGPS bottle and a foam applicator and save the Spritz for just my paint.

mjlinane
01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
I use it on my CC wheels. Easy to apply and lasts long enough to get a couple of washes. Brake dust releases relatively freely.

shoeless89
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't think you should have a problem spraying it directly onto the wheels. But I would spray it on a MF or some applicator and just apply it that way.

mjlinane
01-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Missed that part of the question. I spray on the wheels and the applicator. It isn't anywhere nearly strong enough to affect the brakes.

flyinion
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
I would use a wheel specific sealant like Blackfire Metal Sealant.

Hmmmm, well they're clearcoated factory alloy so I thought I'd use some of the DGPS or the Spritz that I already have. Eventually I might pick up a wheel specific product but in the mean time I figure something is better than nothing.

Rsurfer
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Don't let the Metal Sealant fool you, as it can be used on clear coated wheels.
Hmmmm, well they're clearcoated factory alloy so I thought I'd use some of the DGPS or the Spritz that I already have. Eventually I might pick up a wheel specific product but in the mean time I figure something is better than nothing.