PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys "V" series optical polishes?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Anyone know if they use SMAT or DAT?

CG never answers their phones.

Setec Astronomy
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm sure they use super-duper micro, macro, and any other kinds of abrasives there are or ever will be, all at the same time.

Maybe AG will be able to answer this question, sounds like Nick should to talk to Paul (if he answers the phone).

Nick McKees37
01-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they utilize DAT. :dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they utilize DAT. :dblthumb2:
In the description on their website, they state "micro" abrasives, so I thought they might be SMAT.

Thanks, Nick. :dblthumb2:

Flannigan
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Dat for sure.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Dat for sure.
Davey! :dblthumb2:

I'm a SMAT guy, so no optical polishes for me. :(

Flannigan
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Davey! :dblthumb2:

I'm a SMAT guy, so no optical polishes for me. :(
I love SMAT polishes too, but do find a place for certain DAT polishes in my cabinet. That being said the CG V polishes are not on that list. they didn't offer anything that I didn't already have in my beloved Menzerna polishes.

shoeless89
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll probably end up giving them a shot even though I prefer SMAT polishes like you guys. Who knows, maybe they could be a mind changer :)

WRAPT C5Z06
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
I'll probably end up giving them a shot even though I prefer SMAT polishes like you guys. Who knows, maybe they could be a mind changer :)
I'm DONE giving products a try, unless I'm REALLY interested in them. If I don't like a product after using it a few times, I'll never use it again. I have WAY too many products that just sit. :(

shoeless89
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm DONE giving products a try, unless I'm REALLY interested in them. If I don't like a product after using it a few times, I'll never use it again. I have WAY too many products that just sit. :(

Yeah I have a lot of products that I don't use much anymore either :( I wish I could get more sample sizes of products.

rfinkle2
01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I love SMAT polishes too, but do find a place for certain DAT polishes in my cabinet. That being said the CG V polishes are not on that list. they didn't offer anything that I didn't already have in my beloved Menzerna polishes.

How about dustless polishing?

I'm a huge Menzerna fan as well, and v38 finishes every bit as well as 85rd and 106fa without the dust.

I have many products that sit as well, but I either trade them to someone who likes them, or sell them to someone who wants to try them.

If you don't try new stuff, how are you going to find the latest and greatest? LOL

Flannigan
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
How about dustless polishing?

I'm a huge Menzerna fan as well, and v38 finishes every bit as well as 85rd and 106fa without the dust.

I have many products that sit as well, but I either trade them to someone who likes them, or sell them to someone who wants to try them.

If you don't try new stuff, how are you going to find the latest and greatest? LOL
I do try new products, hence why I can comment on the V polishes not meeting my needs. Also I use 106 and po85 on a regular basis and NEVER have dusting issues. SIP will dust sometimes, but never the finishing polishes.

dad07
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM

send them east Mark......your junk might be my Gold! :D

rfinkle2
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I do try new products, hence why I can comment on the V polishes not meeting my needs. Also I use 106 and po85 on a regular basis and NEVER have dusting issues. SIP will dust sometimes, but never the finishing polishes.

You sir, are more talented than I am.

So you've tried the V polishes and didn't like them?

Flannigan
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
You sir, are more talented than I am.

So you've tried the V polishes and didn't like them?
I doubt that...lol. I have tried samples of all three of them. They aren't bad by any means, i just didn't feel they were good enough to replace what i currently use. That said I only had a few ounces of each, so i'm sure I could learn to love them, but i wasn't blown away using any of them.