PDA

View Full Version : Got too much stuff (products) A call to local Central PA members.

Pages : [1] 2

tuscarora dave
01-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Over the past few years I have bought a ton of compounds and polishes to try out. A lot of the stuff that I keep pushing to the side or moving from shelf to shelf has become a bit cumbersome. I'd like to give some of it away to some folks that are new to detailing or paint correction. I have become so accustomed to using Meguiar's 105 and 205 that that's all I really reach for anymore. I am not really interested in packaging and shipping a bunch of stuff all over the country but would rather help out some new detailers / weekend warriors who are local to the central PA area. If you're new to this and you're somewhat local to my area and would be interested in trying out some various compounds and polishes just start posting in this thread, talking about where you are in your detailing endeavor, what your goals are concerning detailing and what machines you are currently using or would like to use in the future.

I have a few members here interested in some hands on help come spring time. Whether it be doing a paint correction together or just meeting for a social over dinner or coffee, these will probably be the guys I'd be giving this stuff to. Over the past few years I've had the pleasure of meeting with several detailing members of this and other forums and it is really fun. So to you locals... let's talk in this thread and form a plan of sorts and in the meantime I'll put together a list of the products that I'll be passing along to those interested.

Vegas Transplant
01-23-2012, 07:40 AM
I came to AG seeking product and info but what I've found here is much greater.

There is a lot of fellowship and care. From posters sending up prayers to the positve feedback that seems to be the norm.

I have found guidance even when I was not searching. Keep up the good work and...Happy Detailing.

Tundra_10
01-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Dave, you and I have not had much interaction on this forum. We have from time to time crossed paths and commented on each others threads and every time I have seen a generous and caring individual behind your words.

What you are doing here and now is commendable to the highest degree. The caliber of person you are to be willing to share your products and knowledge is priceless and indicative of a all-around great individual. I stand here today, just wanting to thank you for being you. Its people like you that are here on this forum, that bring such pride and enjoyment in me being involved with this hobby of mine.

To people like you its an occupation that you enjoy, to me its serenity and relaxation.

This forum is a place that we can all express ourselves and have a family-like love/hate relationship with one another. We have our weird funny-smelling uncles, we have our rebellious idiot cousins, we have the nerdy brother-in-laws that we hate our sisters married. At the end of the day we are all part of the family.

Thank you for being a part of this family and thank you for accepting all of us as part of it as well!

tuscarora dave
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I came to AG seeking product and info but what I've found here is much greater.

There is a lot of fellowship and care. From posters sending up prayers to the positive feedback that seems to be the norm.

I have found guidance even when I was not searching. Keep up the good work and...Happy Detailing.
Yes, this is a great forum to be involved with for sure. I feel the same way.

Dave, you and I have not had much interaction on this forum. We have from time to time crossed paths and commented on each others threads and every time I have seen a generous and caring individual behind your words.

What you are doing here and now is commendable to the highest degree. The caliber of person you are to be willing to share your products and knowledge is priceless and indicative of a all-around great individual. I stand here today, just wanting to thank you for being you. Its people like you that are here on this forum, that bring such pride and enjoyment in me being involved with this hobby of mine.

To people like you its an occupation that you enjoy, to me its serenity and relaxation.

This forum is a place that we can all express ourselves and have a family-like love/hate relationship with one another. We have our weird funny-smelling uncles, we have our rebellious idiot cousins, we have the nerdy brother-in-laws that we hate our sisters married. At the end of the day we are all part of the family.

Thank you for being a part of this family and thank you for accepting all of us as part of it as well!

Wow Mike, Thanks for the kind words.

Funny you mention detailing being serenity and relaxation because that's exactly what prompted me to look further into auto detailing in the first place. I was in a very uneasy place in my life and waxing my car was like "Calgon" It just took me away from all of my worries and allowed me to focus on the next few steps that I would take to grow in the right direction.

Since those early days of detailing, I have been showered with more blessings than I can account for, in the way of guidance, friendship and meeting and building a relationship with a God who unbeknownst to me had always been by my side. This all may seem all mushy to some folks but that's OK.

When I look at my life today and at the same time remember how my life once was, I can't help but to be grateful for the way things have turned out. I have met a lot of folks who have guided and helped me to become who I am today, and nearly every one of them said "Just help someone else Dave" when I tried to return the favor to them.

I've never met a truly grateful person who wouldn't set aside a little time or simply make time to help his fellow man out, and this site is full of folks that are willing to do such things. Just trying to do my part, make a few friends and get rid of some of this clutter at the same time.

I started detailing because it gave me mental and spiritual clarity, but I quickly realized that I was good at it. Somewhat of a natural I guess you could say. Then I tried to use my detailing abilities to "Play Catch Up" and attempt to amass all of the equipment, products and clientele to build some financial security that I never before had in my life. Over the past few years of working a full time job and putting together the equipment, marketing my services, filling bottles, washing towels and pads, going to the bank, placing orders, doing inventory, cleaning the house, walking the dog, helping others and doing what I need to do to stay on the beam spiritually, I realized that "playing catch up" is just something that some of us "think we can do" when in all reality those years are gone.

What I have now is a lot of experience, both at life and in auto detailing and I can use both to help others. I shut down the detailing business for the most part but still invest in it as a plan B and as a hobby once again. Nice thing is that I can draw on it to pick up a few extra bucks when times get tough and it's mine and if I choose to do so I can put it into full force and go full time with it. This year if it's not a show car, classic car, exotic car or the car of a really good friend or Mom's car, I'll simply pass on the job.

Regardless of what I choose to do with it, I am reasonably sure that I'll keep pushing these products to the side or sitting them on the back of the shelf as I reach for my M-105, M-205, D-300, my Ultima stuff and my dedicated cleaners. These products that I keep pushing to the side all work and could be used but I probably won't use them so why not pass them on to someone who hasn't already gone through their testing phases to narrow their product selection down to their fave few products.

I'll start shaking them up and decant them into 12 ounce yorker bottles and get them all listed and once/if a few members start posting to this thread I'll post a pic of them and if nobody local is interested in them then maybe I'll package them up and ship them abroad to those who may be interested in some free products.

Have a great week, TD

BucboyInPa
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Hello Dave,
I live in Mechanicsburg,and have a little Detail shop.It would be pretty cool to talk to another detailer that doesn't hate on you cause were in the same area.I work by myself so the only new info I get is from these websites.So if sometime you would like to get lunch and just exchange ideas I'm around.It seem like you really know what your doing and are very open to sharing your knowledge.It would be cool to talk.
Matt BucBoyInPa@verizon.net

tuscarora dave
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello Dave,
I live in Mechanicsburg,and have a little Detail shop.It would be pretty cool to talk to another detailer that doesn't hate on you cause were in the same area.I work by myself so the only new info I get is from these websites.So if sometime you would like to get lunch and just exchange ideas I'm around.It seem like you really know what your doing and are very open to sharing your knowledge.It would be cool to talk.
Matt BucBoyInPa@verizon.net
Hi Matt. Yeah, that would be cool to meet up with you sometime. I don't hate on anyone for any reason. I've carved out a little niche market in our area over the past few years and to be honest I get more calls than what I can handle at times. It would be cool to have another local that would take care of the client's that I would send their way. I've been looking for a detailer that does good quality work to network with. Maybe we can get that lunch one of these weekends soon.

shoeless89
01-25-2012, 03:19 AM
I'll drive up and take some off your hands Dave :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

tuscarora dave
01-25-2012, 06:37 AM
I'll drive up and take some off your hands Dave :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
Come on over buddy, but be prepared to visit one of my local hangouts while you're here. :props:

Spiney
03-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Wow I came way too late to this posting. I am a newbie who is interested in a get together to learn correction techniques and any other tips. I purchased a GG 6" and a Meguiar's DA MF Kit at Christmas. I need to place an order for LC 5.5" pads, 105 205, and some sort of glaze, sealant, and LSP. I have a selection of Meguiar's Ultimate OTC Products, MF cloths etc. my main interest is to correct and get the best deep wet shine on my 96 SVT Cobra black with black interior. We bought it last July from a guy who pampered it and it was and is a garage queen. Paint is in pretty good shape for 16 year old car. Also want to correct and maintain our other family cars. Would get into business but 4 back surgeries prevents that. I live in Reading but willing to drive to your house.

Thanks so much for your genourosity of time, talent, and products. Spiney-Dave

Bates Detailing
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Alot of good people on this forum - and you top the list Dave :dblthumb2:

jpegs13
03-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Feel good thread of the year.....

tuscarora dave
03-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Wow I came way too late to this posting. I am a newbie who is interested in a get together to learn correction techniques and any other tips. I purchased a GG 6" and a Meguiar's DA MF Kit at Christmas. I need to place an order for LC 5.5" pads, 105 205, and some sort of glaze, sealant, and LSP. I have a selection of Meguiar's Ultimate OTC Products, MF cloths etc. my main interest is to correct and get the best deep wet shine on my 96 SVT Cobra black with black interior. We bought it last July from a guy who pampered it and it was and is a garage queen. Paint is in pretty good shape for 16 year old car. Also want to correct and maintain our other family cars. Would get into business but 4 back surgeries prevents that. I live in Reading but willing to drive to your house.

Thanks so much for your genourosity of time, talent, and products. Spiney-Dave
I'll be working on a black car this weekend. I am not really sure what it is yet, just that it's black. It's a car that a local auto repair shop/dealer has to resell. He's looking to have the fine scratches removed but reminded me that it's just for sale because he knows how much time I took on his personal C-5 black Vette. He'll be dropping it off at my shop on Friday evening and I intend on doing the visual inspection and pre compounding prep work Friday night then do the correction on Saturday.

You'd be more than welcome to drive out here on Saturday and spend some time at the shop to pick up some tips and talk detailing. I'd suggest bringing your GG6 and whatever pads you intend on using. You could give them a spin on the car that I'll be working on or we could pull your Mustang in and do a few test spots on it to get you on the right track with it. Let me know if you'd like to come out. Click on my signature (website) where you'll find my phone number and give me a call.

tuscarora dave
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
BUMP!!!

It's that time again...Time to clear off the shelves of the extra stuff that is getting pushed to the side. No one really bit the first time I posted this. The offer is still open and there's more stuff to add to the list of stuff to go. If anyone local to the Central PA area would be interested in some different products to try out, start posting here in this thread and we'll get together on what I want to get rid of. A lot of these items are products from local manufacturers but there are some various Poorboy's waxes/sealants/polishes to go too.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to start boxing some of this stuff up and get it out of the shop. Once I get it boxed up, I'll list it and if no one's interested in the stuff, it's going in the trash.

Have a great day!!!

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Dave! I applaud your intent in helping fellow new detailers like myself in learning and trying new products! I'm sure you've heard this, but not many detailers are willing to do that especially around my local area, and you are one of a kind in doing so! I would most definitely like to try some products out but being from the Northwest, might be a little far away.lol. Anyway, just wanted to chime in my appreciation for ya. Good karma goes a long way!:xyxthumbs:

JSou
01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Wish I was local. Would love to learn some hands-on pointers from a fellow detailer as well as score some products.