PDA

View Full Version : Leather "Trimmed" Seats

hoyt66
01-22-2012, 11:05 AM
I know my seats are leather trimmed. Only the middle seating area is leather. Doing a little searching I read that leather conditioners don't penetrate the vinyl. Never thought of

that...So my question is how do you treat "Leather" seats. My car is newer and the seats are very clean. I have been applying Pinnacle Leather Conditioner to them but in theory

I'm leaving the vinyl unprotected.Feed back please

Flash Gordon
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
So my question is how do you treat "Leather" seats. Feed back please

You don't ^ Treating coated leather gives you nothing. Total waste of time and money

The best thing you can do for your leather is have your windows tinted and leave your windows cracked about a 1/2 inch when its really hot http://www.autopia.org/forum/images/smilies2/nerd.gif

mg6045
01-22-2012, 12:03 PM
You could use an interior protectant on the leather and vinyl. something like

OPT leather protectant
Sonus cockpit detailer
PERL 5:1
303 Protectant
Blackfire Interior Protectant (a favorite of mine)(no slippery like the OPT product)

all of these protect from UV radiation and slight water staining.

For the leather I like to use a protectant such as Leather masters Protection cream. Or LTT Ultra Protect.

hoyt66
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
You don't ^ Treating coated leather gives you nothing. Total waste of time and money

The best thing you can do for your leather is have your windows tinted and leave your windows cracked about a 1/2 inch when its really hot http://www.autopia.org/forum/images/smilies2/nerd.gif

Ok. "Coated " leather?. I'm sorry. What is that? I have been reading about vinyl coated leather, vinyl and just plain leather. Ugh. I'm confused

Flash Gordon
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Ok. "Coated " leather?. I'm sorry. What is that? I have been reading about vinyl coated leather, vinyl and just plain leather. Ugh. I'm confused

Coated leather/vinyl will have a shine to it. One way you can test is to pour a small amount of water on the subject and see if it runs off or tries to penetrate

My guess is you have coated Pleather

hoyt66
01-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Coated leather/vinyl will have a shine to it. One way you can test is to pour a small amount of water on the subject and see if it runs off or tries to penetrate

My guess is you have coated Pleather

Thanks Flash. I'll try it this week. So if thats the case I'm wasting time and product with

Pinnacle Leather conditioner since in really can't penetrate right?

Flash Gordon
01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks Flash. I'll try it this week. So if thats the case I'm wasting time and product with

Pinnacle Leather conditioner since in really can't penetrate right?

You would be correct sir! http://adamsforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bf-sunglasswinksmiley.gif

shoeless89
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I would use Ulitma Interior Guard+ or 303 Aerospace Protectant on it. Ultima Interior Guard is great stuff. It will last up to 3 months also.