PDA

View Full Version : New Car Decision, 2012 subaru wrx sti or 2013 mustang gt premium

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

UltimateDetail
01-25-2012, 10:45 PM
I believe this is how all car purchases should be made.

Good choice and good luck.:props:
Definitely is, I wish that everybody made decisions with their heart, it would be a better world I believe.

Obviously, I like the decision. You will love the car. I have not modded mine, but, the power is easily unleashed. There is plenty to begin with. With simple mods you can unlock 100 to 150 hp.
I was thinking of rebuild the engine, but only with ford racing parts.

Well that's awesome, the gt500's are in a whole other level of cool compared even to a new 5.0 GT. Gobs of power and fun as well as limited numbers and low depreciation. I've seen nice lower mileage examples for around 30k-35k around me, I haven't seen any yet in the 20's. Which is a good thing for my financial well being LOL

I know they are awesome, one of my favorite movies scen e with one is this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHVpcdRi4A]Shelby GT500 Mustang 720p HD - Scene from I am Legend - YouTube[/video]

----------------------------
To everyone: Thank you for your help and knowledge. I can sleep better at night knowing that good people still exist, like the members here at AGO. In the end I may have decided to go with the mustang, but in no way am I choosing because I have to. Or that the 'stang is a better car. They both have great following's and also they have each have their own advantages. But I felt at home choosing the mustang and thats what I think it's about. And anyone looking to buy a car in the future, or anything for that matter, buy what your comfortable with. I hope to post some pictures of the car when I buy it too. Look for the post within the next month. As for me I got some shopping to do!

P.s. Who ever knew choosing a car could be so philosophical? lol:xyxthumbs:

FlawlessJ
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Definitely is, I wish that everybody made decisions with their heart, it would be a better world I believe.

I was thinking of rebuild the engine, but only with ford racing parts.

I know they are awesome, one of my favorite movies scen e with one is this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHVpcdRi4A]Shelby GT500 Mustang 720p HD - Scene from I am Legend - YouTube[/video]

----------------------------
To everyone: Thank you for your help and knowledge. I can sleep better at night knowing that good people still exist, like the members here at AGO. In the end I may have decided to go with the mustang, but in no way am I choosing because I have to. Or that the 'stang is a better car. They both have great following's and also they have each have their own advantages. But I felt at home choosing the mustang and thats what I think it's about. And anyone looking to buy a car in the future, or anything for that matter, buy what your comfortable with. I hope to post some pictures of the car when I buy it too. Look for the post within the next month. As for me I got some shopping to do!

P.s. Who ever knew choosing a car could be so philosophical? lol:xyxthumbs:

I'm just going to say you better have before and after pics lol I'm glad you chose what felt right.

Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing
www.flawlessreflectionsdetail.com

crxman2010
01-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Both cars are great IMO, but I'm drawn to the AWD option living in MN and all. Actually the WRX is on a short list of cars I'm looking at this summer. :dblthumb2:

AWD drive rocks. I just wish they made something like the WRX is the legacy platform... The impreza is just too small for me.

So you getting the Mustang, but I have to ask: MT or AT? :D

FlawlessJ
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
AWD drive rocks. I just wish they made something like the WRX is the legacy platform... The impreza is just too small for me.

They do the legacy gt it's turbo. You don't get quite the handling but it's still a very fun car to drive

UltimateDetail
01-26-2012, 01:45 AM

Manual all the way! Plus I think the 07-09 gt500's only came with a manual lol

UltimateDetail
01-26-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm just going to say you better have before and after pics lol I'm glad you chose what felt right.

Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing
Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing - CAR DETAILING HOME (http://www.flawlessreflectionsdetail.com)

Thanks and lol, I hope the one I get doesn't have the dealer special treatment!!

ShinyRex
01-26-2012, 03:09 AM
They do the legacy gt it's turbo. You don't get quite the handling but it's still a very fun car to drive

The Legacy GT from 05-09 was sweet but the latest gen is blah to me.

Mustang81
01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Great choice! I can't wait to see the before and after pics.

crxman2010
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Manual all the way! Plus I think the 07-09 gt500's only came with a manual lol

You aren't suppose to admit you had no choice, unless you feel like your doing the chicken dance as you start off in first gear. :D

yank194
01-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I've only owned Mustangs and like you almost switched to another car, but could not do it. So glad I stayed with the Stang.
Congrats on the 500!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

5.4 Shelby, your avatar is the car I hope to purchase one day. White GT500 w/blue stripes (drooling :) ). I own an 09 GT/CS now and really LOVE the 2013 GT/CS.

SkateForGirl
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
If you said GT500 instead of GT from the beginning I would of said go for that :). Good decision OP. Can't wait to see it :xyxthumbs:

5.4 Shelby
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I've only owned Mustangs and like you almost switched to another car, but could not do it. So glad I stayed with the Stang.
Congrats on the 500!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

5.4 Shelby, your avatar is the car I hope to purchase one day. White GT500 w/blue stripes (drooling :) ). I own an 09 GT/CS now and really LOVE the 2013 GT/CS.
The reason I chose that color combo (other than I think it is stunning) is that all 65 Shelby Mustangs were white/blue. It is what I think of when I think of Shelby.

The gray, blue or black would have been next choices.

I really love the new Kona Blue. It was not available on the 07-09.

Tundra_10
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
OP, you sure you do not want a new boss? =)

Mustang Boss 302 beats Ferrari, R8, M3, Porsche & DBS Test Laguna Seca sport auto Christian Gebhardt - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SdR0qTzbUUU)

opie_7afe
01-26-2012, 03:20 PM
buy the wrx, too many people have the mustangs imo wrx is all around a better car, the mustang is too cliche now, everybody and their 90 yearold grandmother has a new mustang.basically buy something japanese, will last longer, less maintence, imo, not engineered to screw up after it hits 100,000 miles.....(i have bad luck with domestics)....i would just go wrx.....as i say who cares what the family thinks, because they will be the ones crying when you beat them on the track :P

sparty
01-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Wait before you buy the WRX. This may be a ride to consider:

2013 Subaru BRZ (http://www.subaru.com/brz/2013/index.html)

I feel it is a bit low on HP, but it looks slick. From what I have read, it makes 100 HP per liter and torque from 2000RPMs to redline. 25/30 MPGs. Automobile mag says it's chassis refuses to come unglued. $24 to $26K.

Sparty