PDA

View Full Version : Other uses for waxes other than on cars?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ArkayoDeetayo
01-21-2012, 04:01 AM
So like many of you... I bought too many LSPs...so before I became an Autogeek, I bought some Meguiars OTC products such as NXT 2.0, Liquid Gold Class, Paste Gold Class...

I don't want to throw them away because I would feel wasteful so was wondering if anyone has some good ideas?

so far I have used them on restroom mirrors (makes it easier to clean) but that was about it...

I was thinking of a idea and searched but had no hits...has anyone tried to add water to a liquid wax to make the consistency more watery like a quick wax and use it as a quick wax? I figured that is probably what meguiar's quick wax is, water mixed with their liquid wax but it is just a theory...

Post your ideas of what you do with your waxes un-auto-related!

BWG707
01-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Use them the clean up the grill.

hoyt66
01-21-2012, 06:11 AM
So like many of you... I bought too many LSPs...so before I became an Autogeek, I bought some Meguiars OTC products such as NXT 2.0, Liquid Gold Class, Paste Gold Class...

I don't want to throw them away because I would feel wasteful so was wondering if anyone has some good ideas?

so far I have used them on restroom mirrors (makes it easier to clean) but that was about it...

I was thinking of a idea and searched but had no hits...has anyone tried to add water to a liquid wax to make the consistency more watery like a quick wax and use it as a quick wax? I figured that is probably what meguiar's quick wax is, water mixed with their liquid wax but it is just a theory...

Post your ideas of what you do with your waxes un-auto-related!

I wax my snow shovels, snow blower, my utility room sink ,my shower surrounds that

are not tiled and my shower glass doors. Doesn't take much to do all that though.

BobbyG
01-21-2012, 06:38 AM
I wax my snow shovels, snow blower, my utility room sink ,my shower surrounds that

are not tiled and my shower glass doors. Doesn't take much to do all that though.

:iagree:

For those of us that muse deal with the drudgery of winter, waxing snow removal tools reduces the effort because waxes create a non-stick film.

DaHen
01-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Even though most of todays shovels are plastic, a little wax do help.
Got to use my shovel yesterday and looks like it get to use it again today. Not getting enough snow yet to use the John Deere blower

mswerb
01-21-2012, 08:33 AM
I collect Air Jordan's and wax is great on shoes with patent leather. keeps them looking great, and makes them much easier to clean.

Setec Astronomy
01-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Painted patio furniture, and aluminum cladding on exterior of windows and doors...or relatives cars. I don't think you're going to have much luck watering those down into a spray wax, but I've never tried it.

vet
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I use it on tool boxes, snow blower, lawn tractor, and underside of hoods, hatches, etc. Will use on any new appliances we happen to get.

TS656577
01-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I definitely use it on snow removal tools. I also use it on my electronic devices (laptop, phone, hard drives) just because they're easier to clean then. I even used them on my glasses (for when i rarely wear them). It helps keep the rain beading and makes it easier to see.

ArkayoDeetayo
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
thanks all for the great ideas! keep em coming
While I do not have any snow for the shovels, I somehow thought about my lawn mower which I can now wax!

ryanbabz71
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Pool rails

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toycar18
01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Anyone Fuzion your snow shovels?

I can't imagine using anything other than the legendary collinite 845 or however it is spelled

glen e
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Ultima paint guard on glass shower door
Ultima on my gloss gelcoat and paint on my boat
Ultima on my carbon fiber cover for my ipad

A.P.A.D.
01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
i use wax on my shaved head! LOL:buffing:

mikep288
01-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Wax works great on both sides of the ride-on mowers cutting deck. Makes cleanup a breeze.