PDA

View Full Version : clay fine vs ultrafine and bar usage

WRXINXS
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Two quick clay questions. Do you guys always clay with an entire bar at a time or is it OK to break a bar into two pieces and use one half bar on a car? Also, is there a huge difference in what degree of contaminants fine vs ultra-fine clay will remove? For instance would ultra-fine remove less contaminants than fine clay?

Thanks,
Drew:buffing:

rider9195
01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
There is no problem with breaking the clay bar up into smaller pieces. I usually can break off a piece the size of a donut hole and use that. Saves lots of clay in my opinion. I would think a ultra-fine clay v. a fine clay wouldn't have many differences. They should pick up about the same amount of contaminants. But I think clay bars get different when the aggressiveness is more and the clay can cause marring even when it removes more contaminants.

toycar18
01-19-2012, 07:31 PM
What he said :iagree:

WRXINXS
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
There is no problem with breaking the clay bar up into smaller pieces. I usually can break off a piece the size of a donut hole and use that. Saves lots of clay in my opinion. I would think a ultra-fine clay v. a fine clay wouldn't have many differences. They should pick up about the same amount of contaminants. But I think clay bars get different when the aggressiveness is more and the clay can cause marring even when it removes more contaminants.

Thanks Ryan