PDA

View Full Version : Grey bumpers.

sanman
03-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Alright,I need a little help here. My wifes minivan has those light grey colored bumpers. They seem to be blotchy. Is there any way to get them back to normal condition? I have tried that rubber renew but it did not seem to work that good.

alban61
03-01-2007, 08:01 AM
If the minivan has bumpers like my Explorer.......grey vinyl/plastic, Armor-All tire foam works well. Justin, Surfer, to name a few, have used it. Worked great on my SUV's grey bumpers and trim.
Another product is Duragloss. Al-53, and I think Sparkie have used this too. DG#201, or DG#321. Personally, I haven't used them. Has brought rave reviews from Al.

Surfer
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeh Armor All Tire foam works great on bumper trim, I've used it on my rear and after buffing off topped with AW to kinda seal in, but the Tire Foam does good and also beads water off.

DG #201 works well as well, Poorboys Trim Restorer will work but depends, for some reason Ford uses something in their trim that doesn't seem to work well with most trim products. If you use TR let it sit, then buff off a little while.

Reddwarf
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Mothers Back to Black worked well for me. Followed by 303 for lasting protection.

67Customs
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I would buy DupliColor Trim paint and paint them black. That would make them black and they wouldn't be splotchy.

sparkie
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Alright,I need a little help here. My wifes minivan has those light grey colored bumpers. They seem to be blotchy. Is there any way to get them back to normal condition? I have tried that rubber renew but it did not seem to work that good.
Do you have any pics?

justin_murphy
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I would even use Armor All Tire Gel. It does really well on my brother's Toyota's fender flares. 2 Weeks durability.......easy.

sanman
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
If the minivan has bumpers like my Explorer.......grey vinyl/plastic, Armor-All tire foam works well. Justin, Surfer, to name a few, have used it. Worked great on my SUV's grey bumpers and trim.
Another product is Duragloss. Al-53, and I think Sparkie have used this too. DG#201, or DG#321. Personally, I haven't used them. Has brought rave reviews from Al.

It is almost the same color as yours. She has a windstar minivan. I will have to take some pics this weekend. We are getting ready for a nice big snowstorm here.

ltoman
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok, we have a green Plymouth minivan with the same situation. I found Meguiar's Trim Spray, altho it is not sold on this site, and it looked much better. It does not last indefinitely, but it did hold up through rain and a wash, and even my husband agreed it looked much better. Stoner's has a trim shine spray for bumpers too - I bought it but I have not yet tried it. I like the Meg's because it brought back and evened out the color, but it had a sheen not a fake gloss. Try it. Our bumpers are grey as well. Just my .02 cents!
Good luck!
Lauren

sparkie
03-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Ok, we have a green Plymouth minivan with the same situation. I found Meguiar's Trim Spray, altho it is not sold on this site, and it looked much better. It does not last indefinitely, but it did hold up through rain and a wash, and even my husband agreed it looked much better. Stoner's has a trim shine spray for bumpers too - I bought it but I have not yet tried it. I like the Meg's because it brought back and evened out the color, but it had a sheen not a fake gloss. Try it. Our bumpers are grey as well. Just my .02 cents!
Good luck!
Lauren
Because of you I pick up some Meguiar's Trim Spray. Have not tried it yet. See if it holds up to the south east rain:D

ltoman
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Because of you I pick up some Meguiar's Trim Spray. Have not tried it yet. See if it holds up to the south east rain:D

Really? Let me know what you think. I mean all you do is spray and walk away . . . that I can handle....
Hope it holds up!
Umm, if not....
blame it on Surfer! Yah. Say he told you to use it. Surfer.... yah, that's it.

You'll have to respray, I will bet.
Blame Meg's if so - they just wanna sell more. Works great in dry old southern CA!!
Lauren:awesome: Im the MAN :Picture: