PDA

View Full Version : New process to strip your car

embolism
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
just take a drive down this street and you're done...

White stuff at Cleveleys - YouTube

apparently it's sea foam churned up by the high winds in England

MiataBernie
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
We got any salt water fish folks out there, because I know someone is going to question me on this...

But you all do know what "sea foam" really is, right? The air bubbles in the water have a hydrophobic and hydrophyllic side... so amino acids aka waste products from animals, attach to the air bubbles and end up on the surface as "foam"...

Yes Virginia, that is fish poo and whizz...

FUNX650
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
We got any salt water fish folks out there, because I know someone is going to question me on this...

But you all do know what "sea foam" really is, right? The air bubbles in the water have a hydrophobic and hydrophyllic side... so amino acids aka waste products from animals, attach to the air bubbles and end up on the surface as "foam"...

Yes Virginia, that is fish poo and whizz...

Not doubting your sea foam/animal waste analogy at all.

Just curious...So this is my question for you:

Which side of the air bubbles---either the hydrophobic side, or, the hydrophyllic side---Does the amino acids (animal waste products) attach themselves to?

And don't say the outside!

:)

Bob

kingofsorrow
01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
can't that stuff cause the engine to hydrolock?

S2K
01-19-2012, 09:36 PM
can't that stuff cause the engine to hydrolock?

I've heard "Sea Foam" is good stuff to put inside your engine.

MiataBernie
01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Which side of the air bubbles---either the hydrophobic side, or, the hydrophyllic side---Does the amino acids (animal waste products) attach themselves to?

And don't say the outside!

:)

Bob

That all depends on the position of the bubble... might be the upside, or the downside... :props:

FUNX650
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
That all depends on the position of the bubble... might be the upside, or the downside... :props:

Is the "upside" position of the bubble hydrophyllic...Or, (veesee, visee, versee) hydrophobic? :props:

Will the attachment position to a bubble...upside/downside as you call it.... Of sea-faring mammals' amino acids (their 'waste by-products', as claimed by you) be different, or the same, as say: Sea-faring crustaceans' amino acids (refer to the above definition of 'waste by-products') ??

Are: "van der Waals" and "hydrogen-bonding" forces/interactions indeed the same?

Again...Which side of a pitcher is the handle on?

:D

Bob