PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna or Pinnacle

joejoe22
03-01-2007, 07:20 AM
I just recieved some menzerna intesnive polish and final polish in the mail. My PC will be coming in the begginning of next week. I have light, intermediate swirls. Will the Menzerna get the job done with my green pad on the PC, or do i need some pinnacle xmt?

justin_murphy
03-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I have some Menzerna samples and was realy raving about them. This was until the new Pinnacle Twins came out. They are all I'm using now. I used Advanced Swirl Remover at Detail Fest to remove some pretty deep scratches on a Camry. It gives you cut with a long worktime and can finish down LSP ready.

I used Advance Finishing Polish last night on a 2004 black M3 with an EDGE blue polishing pad. It took out minor swirls and left the paint so clean.

These two should be owned by everyone!!!

ScottB
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Why not use the money saved on polish and buy Sig Series II or Souveran from Pinnacle. Both top Menzerna quite nice !!

justin_murphy
03-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Why not use the money saved on polish and buy Sig Series II or Souveran from Pinnacle. Both top Menzerna quite nice !!

Very good point.........!

nick19
03-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Since you have Menzerna's polishes, there's no need to buy another polish, unless their products can't get your swirls out. If after using their polishes, and your problem is still there, then it might be time to move up.

It's been touted that their polishes are some of the best in the world..

You should be fine with what you have.

And, a "triple" agree; buy some Souveran (paste or liquid)!! :awesome:

-Nick

2KLS1
03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Menzerna should be more than enough. I'm happy with my results. I'm assuming your green pad is an edge2000 pad making it a cutting pad, right? In that case use it with IP and you'll need a polishing pad for FPII. I'll continue the trend and agree with everyone else, take the money saved and put it towards buying yourself a good wax.

joejoe22
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes i do have the green pad, and the white polishing pad. I was just wondering how much better the pinnacle was because i didn't use the menzerna yet and would maybe return it. Are the pinnacle and souveran sold at like autozone or local stores? How does McGuiars fit in with these products, any good? I like the idea that i can just go to autozone instead of waiting for it shipped. i'm pretty impatient

AUdakota
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I think the only place to get pinnacle stuff is right here at AG.

2KLS1
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
If you're not willing to wait, I know how you feel by the way, then try and find some Meguiars #83 (dual action polish) and #80 (professional speed glaze) at the local autoparts store. Some of them have them, some don't. As for wax Meg's #26 hi-tech wax is good.

Nuke33
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I hear Menzerna polishes are awesome but never used them

nick19
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
If you're not willing to wait, I know how you feel by the way, then try and find some Meguiars #83 (dual action polish) and #80 (professional speed glaze) at the local autoparts store. Some of them have them, some don't. As for wax Meg's #26 hi-tech wax is good.

#80 is some REALLY good stuff.

joejoe22
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Yea i think i'm gonna transfer to meguiars after i run out of what i have now. I bough the adam's polishes essential kit. The kit has reasonable products but the swirl isn't nearly as strong as i need.

justin_murphy
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
#80 is some REALLY good stuff.

It really is. I used it a ton when I started. The sun killed it for me though. Cakes up fast. It's so versatile though. Cuts, polishes, or glazes. Everyone should have it at home!