PDA

View Full Version : my new pressure foamer!

opie_7afe
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
so ive been wanting a foamer for a while and decided to try my hand at making one, i did not expect this to work as my previous attempts failed, i tried using a hand held pressure sprayer with a pin hole in the line, all that did was spray some sudsy water, far from foam, then i tried my foamer for my pressure washer, that just does the same sudsy water even when trying different ways to get foam. then i thought of using a bigger pressure sprayer and basically reversing how it works and then i tested it, and it shot foam, was thick foam but it sputtered really bad, i remove the nozzle and was much better foam but of course it has 2 holes so it just sprayed out the sides of the end of the wand. cut the nozzle off and perfect foam!. so i just had to take a video. i will make a how-to here soon it is very easy to make. i might try doing this again with my small handheld pump sprayer and try to get a dry foam which i did create with my current pressure foamer just it did not spray a constant stream of foam. ill do some more tweaking to try to get dry foam for interiors. so here is my video hope you enjoy. if you have any questions feel free to ask just keep the negativity out of this thread please.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_DJh9QivTw]Homemade Pressure Foamer! - YouTube[/video]

toycar18
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Can you adjust the soap ratio like you can on a AG Foamer?

FUNX650
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Had to take a look-see.
DIY projects using existing equipment/materials, instead of purchasing new store-bought goods, is right up my alley.

Glad your "new" homemade foamer works for you.
Congratulations!!

:)

Bob

opie_7afe
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
you can you just measure out a different ammount of soap/water mix in the tank. for my testing i used like 5oz to the gallon just to make foam i'm sure i can turn it down to around 2oz per gallon just haven't made it that far yet, still need to add a few things to make it easier to let off pressure when your putting things away.

Tundra_10
01-18-2012, 08:34 PM
good job buddy! that thing is awesome!

Rix6
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
you can you just measure out a different ammount of soap/water mix in the tank. for my testing i used like 5oz to the gallon just to make foam i'm sure i can turn it down to around 2oz per gallon just haven't made it that far yet, still need to add a few things to make it easier to let off pressure when your putting things away.
Well in the meantime, invert container and squeeze the trigger to depressurize, as I'm sure you've been doing. :xyxthumbs:

That's cool! I have that very same garden sprayer that I won't be using for garden chemicals for...a good long while (have a toddler, buy organic produce, etc. etc.)

The sprayer arm looks like it's stock. I don't see what part is specialized foamer...can you elaborate?

opie_7afe
01-18-2012, 10:45 PM
i will have to post up pics of how its built, its not that explaining it is difficult some wouldnt get what i mean. so it will be easier with pictures, it really is simple.

Chris Thomas
01-18-2012, 11:16 PM
If you can add a piece of nylon screen over the end, it will cling better.

Monster Shine
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Looking forward to the how-to. Cool stuff, good job.

georgez
02-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Subscribed to the thread. Can't wait to see how you did it.

georgez
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Any progress on this project?

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey Matt,

Thanks a pretty neat idea and I might play around and see if I can duplicate it.....:props:

opie_7afe
04-01-2012, 02:40 PM
lol wow i forgot about this thread i have the pics uploaded to AG just need to do the write up. if you look in my gallery they are in there so you can see how its done. like i said try it at around 40-50psi on the compressors regulator and dont try to use it with the sprayer nozzle on it. it will just make little worms of foam.

georgez
05-25-2012, 01:02 AM
I can't seem to find the pictures that you uploaded to your gallery. Hopefully you get some time to do the writeup soon.

neat e34
05-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Great idea! Good to see a bit of creativity...
Only suggestions would be some mesh, etc over the end of the nozzle (as Chris from Optimum mentioned) to aid the foaming action & also if that rod/nozzle is metal, maybe a rubber tip would be a good idea in case it's accidentally knocked against the paintwork