PDA

View Full Version : Between a car wash and a single bucket from ONR. What's your choice?

Pages : [1] 2

DaC
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Guys I can only use very little water to wash my car because I live in a apartment... Between taking it to a car wash or using a mf wash mitt with onr using about a gallon of water for the entire car what would you choose?
IMO I take the ONR option, because I'm quite sure I won't put that much swirls as some car wash....

Kristopher1129
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I would choose ONR with the two bucket method over a car wash any day.

DaC
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah.... I'll also always pre-soak.... The downside is that the car will be kind of dirty sometimes.... More than it would be considered very safe to use onr without rising with a pressure wash....

Rix6
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I would choose ONR with the two bucket method over a car wash any day.
:iagree:

Why only a gallon of water? Get yourself a couple of buckets, slap some gamma seal lids on them, fill em with a couple gallons each of hot water and ONR, seal and carry. Works great with microfiber towels for wash media. Get yourself a grit guard or two and you'll be set!

Kristopher1129
01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah.... I'll also always pre-soak.... The downside is that the car will be kind of dirty sometimes.... More than it would be considered very safe to use onr without rising with a pressure wash....

Then your best bet would probably be to go through a touchless wash, then do your ONR wash.

That way all the excess is sprayed off first. I actually do this on really cold days at my shop. It allows me to do my ONR wash inside away from the cold, ha.

DaC
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
:iagree:

Why only a gallon of water? Get yourself a couple of buckets, slap some gamma seal lids on them, fill em with a couple gallons each of hot water and ONR, seal and carry. Works great with microfiber towels for wash media. Get yourself a grit guard or two and you'll be set!

i have 2 grits guard already, but i still haven't shipped them from the us to brazil...
I'm trying to use as little as possible water to avoid complain, as my car stays on a underground closed garage....

Rix6
01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Fill a sprayer with ONR 1:16 or better yet UWW+ (Ultima Waterless Wash Plus) at 1:44 and mist your car with that as a pre-wash.

Blast the really nasty sections with ONR from a spray bottle. Then a light mist of UWW+ on the car will add lots of lube and slickness before you wipe with an ONR soaked towel. Then mist with UWW+ as you dry for a super slick, quik-wax-like finish!

DaC
01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Then your best bet would probably be to go through a touchless wash, then do your ONR wash.

That way all the excess is sprayed off first. I actually do this on really cold days at my shop. It allows me to do my ONR wash inside away from the cold, ha.

I could do that! it would be about 1/2 of the price from a regular wash, but I guess it's worth it. :D

Rix6
01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
i have 2 grits guard already, but i still haven't shipped them from the us to brazil...
I'm trying to use as little as possible water to avoid complain, as my car stays on a underground closed garage....
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus will be your friend.

PPLd
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM

That's exactly the same problem I am have to face buddy.
I am not allowed to hose down the car. I can only use a small jug to pour water down panel by panel.
If I am going to full wash, I have to go somewhere else.

tw33k2514
01-18-2012, 09:04 PM
ONR is the only wash I do now. Never underestimate its power.

mwtaco
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM

im doing this for the winter season. i have duragloss 501/601/105 on it which touts resistance to alkaline washes (presumably this applies to auto car washes). the touchless wash gets the undercarriage and the majority of the salt/ grime off. then come home and do the dp rinseless in my propane heated garage. avoiding the self wand wash stations cuz its just too cold for me.

umi000
01-18-2012, 09:53 PM
I'd agree with Kris, go to a local wash, and have them blast off all the grit and loose dust off the car, and then ONR in the garage - and if prices in Brazil are similar to those over here, it shouldn't cost that much :)

DaC
01-19-2012, 05:36 AM
That's exactly the same problem I am have to face buddy.
I am not allowed to hose down the car. I can only use a small jug to pour water down panel by panel.
If I am going to full wash, I have to go somewhere else.

Sucks, ins't it ? :mad:
Oh boy oh boy... how I'd love to have my own garage with all my stuff.... :work:

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus will be your friend.

I'll give it a try after I run out of ONR

ONR is the only wash I do now. Never underestimate its power.

Time will tell..... I'll probably maintain my car this way for all this year and the swirls in the end will let me know the truth.... lol....
Anyway, it wasn't designed to be used like I'll probably use, but if even this way it does excel... oh boy.... I'll praise this product for the rest of my life... Of course I'll have all care when washing... I just need to get my Grits to Brazil... :D

I'd agree with Kris, go to a local wash, and have them blast off all the grit and loose dust off the car, and then ONR in the garage - and if prices in Brazil are similar to those over here, it shouldn't cost that much :)

About 11.5 to 17 USD for a regular exterior wash with a quick interior vacuum.
Just to Blast water should be around $6-8 bucks....

toni
01-19-2012, 07:32 AM
ONR is your friend ;)

I also live in a flat and park in an undeground car park and use ONR. Just go to a local coin-op or touchless to get the nasty stuff off and then ONR in the car park. Works great!