PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

alko
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm at the dealer....for the first time since I've bought my car to get it looked at. Been havin issues startin my car. I taped a nice note on the steering wheel to not wash the car. Let's see if they listen. *crossing fingers* :bittingnails:

mwtaco
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
wait in the car while they service it. its the only guarantee.

alko
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Lmmfao!!!! I know right?!?!?!?!

Nick McKees37
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
wait in the car while they service it. its the only guarantee.

Been there done that. :D

SkateForGirl
You shoulda had the service manager sign a note saying the dealership will not wash the car or else they make your car free and clear of any liens :)

tw33k2514
Just go grab a chair from the waiting room and go park it by the car wash entrance.

timaishu
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Stand outside and watch? Thats what I did the few times I got my oil changed there.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
You should know the service manager by the first name and so should he know yours. In no uncertain terms the Service manager should know that you are a self admitted car freak and that things that do not occur to 99.99999% of the general public drive you crazy. You should take a walk around with said service manager showing him what amazing shape your vehicle is in and that you expect it to be returned to you in the same condition...

alko
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont want to completely come off like a arsehole. I taped a note on my steering wheel so that should be sufficient. I have a hard time with the fact that someone else is gonna be touching the car. I really need to invest in more tools.

tw33k2514
01-18-2012, 02:16 PM
If it makes you feel better, some techs do care. I always put fender covers on the cars I work on. And I made sure to buy fender covers that are super soft on the side that touches the paint. But then again, I am an AutoGeek... so....

alko
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I normally to all the work on my car by I should get some for myself when I work on the car.

I had him put a note on the account so that anytime i come in it will show up on the work order. He said if im worried about it to keep doing what I did. I said I detail on the weekends and it would dive me nuts if they put it through the wash.

alko
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
All is well in the world again they did not wash my car. I can breathe easy again

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I dont want to completely come off like a arsehole. I taped a note on my steering wheel so that should be sufficient. I have a hard time with the fact that someone else is gonna be touching the car. I really need to invest in more tools.

It's really all in your presentation and delivery... I in no means am abrasive but rather, just want to make sure we are all on the same page. I find that if I am well spoken, courteous and clear about my ocd nature it is well received. Do they think I am a freak? Probably... But do they think I am rude, or an arse? Definetly not.

RaskyR1
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
If it makes you feel better, some techs do care. I always put fender covers on the cars I work on. And I made sure to buy fender covers that are super soft on the side that touches the paint. But then again, I am an AutoGeek... so....

Good to see people who care :xyxthumbs:

But I also know that majority of the cars come into shops dirty and putting a cover over a dirty fender doesn't help much regardless of how soft it may be....that dirt will continue to get transferred from car to car too unless it's thoroughly cleaned after each job.

14automobiles
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I talk directly to the service team that will touch my car or truck and let them know my concerns, washing, hands on the paint, etc.. No guarantee, but I like to build bridges.