PDA

View Full Version : microswirls-inevitable?

rifle
02-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Got a black vehicle. After using a California duster followed by a clean MF and detailing spray I noticed very fine swirls. Almost like a refractive area of swirls/micro scratches. They only appear with the right angle of direct sunlight or strong bulb. Any way to prevent this or keep them to a minimum? This was only used when there was a fine layer of dust on the car, not a bunch of dirt. BTW the Souveran top coat is great!

Mike T
02-28-2007, 09:13 PM
That is the reason I hardly use mine anymore. My car is black as well. I've learned to except, I can only do so much.

bambo2888
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
just use a QD and a MF to get rid of the dust. nothing beats the dust in south florida...

supercharged
03-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Got a black vehicle. After using a California duster followed by a clean MF and detailing spray I noticed very fine swirls. Almost like a refractive area of swirls/micro scratches. They only appear with the right angle of direct sunlight or strong bulb. Any way to prevent this or keep them to a minimum? This was only used when there was a fine layer of dust on the car, not a bunch of dirt. BTW the Souveran top coat is great!
Don't use duster on blacks - it will cause ou streaks. Instead just use Poorboy's Spray and Wipe with a Cobra Ultra Plush MF towel.

orngez
03-01-2007, 05:29 AM
on black cars definitely avoid the duster...dont use just a qd either...something like supercharged said...poorboys sw or 4in1...you need lots of lubrication when cleaning and most qd dont offer enough at an economical price...i personally use pbsw all the time...

justin_murphy
03-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I have never used one. I'd rather use a clean micro fiber towel and a spray detailer. The towel can be washed everytime getting rid of particles that can do damage. A spray detailer is so good. They have lubricants that not only shine but lift particles and protect the paint while cleaning.

This combo is cheaper than a Duster too!

Liane
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Ditto. I have a new black car. The DP and a microfiber is great. My California duster sits on the wall. The DP and a micro is so easy and fast. Liane

BILL
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Ditto. I have a new black car. The DP and a microfiber is great. My California duster sits on the wall. The DP and a micro is so easy and fast. Liane

DP?

trhland
03-03-2007, 05:38 PM
your going to get small scratches no matter how carfull you are . with crap flying around in the air .salt from the roads. unfortanily you see them more on dark colored cars then light colored cars:confused:

ScottB
03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
proper washing, drying, and buffing practices can reduce (not alleviate) scratches on black.

Washing --- presoak and allow soap to sit for a couple minutes

drying --- always use a qd'er on damp car to provide lubrication, do not grind

buffing --- clean towels often, only one direction, never in circles

BILL
03-03-2007, 08:55 PM
proper washing, drying, and buffing practices can reduce (not alleviate) scratches on black.

Washing --- presoak and allow soap to sit for a couple minutes

drying --- always use a qd'er on damp car to provide lubrication, do not grind

buffing --- clean towels often, only one direction, never in circles

2 BUCKET WASHING....

BILL
03-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't use duster on blacks - it will cause ou streaks. Instead just use Poorboy's Spray and Wipe with a Cobra Ultra Plush MF towel.

What about using D.P auto wash...?? something like P.B.S.W.??