Rix6
01-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Last week:

(While I was replying to some post)
My wife says I'm cheating.
I say who with?
She says Autogeek

I chuckle

My wife says she's gonna sue for alienation of affection.
(She's a smart one)

Tonight:

My wife says, "I'm an Autogeek widow"

Oh boy.

Let's hear what your wives have said :D

Spiney
01-16-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm a newbie but my wife and mother-in-law don't understand why when we get a warm winters day I want to wash and quick detail the cars. Until I do it and then I get Honey the Volvo looks fantastic, what did you do. Wait till I learn to use my new GG 6" DA and all the accessories. They've ain't seen nothing yet.

duck_commander
01-16-2012, 08:43 AM
That's a good one Spiney.... After reading your last sentence where you used the word "aint", i knew you had to be from PA! LOL

SkateForGirl
01-16-2012, 11:10 AM
My Girlfriend hates when she sees a new package come in only from Autogeek, not any other company.

I think I'm going to leave in the comment box "don't use the Autogeek tape to seal the box" haha :)

glen e
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Method to my addiction - as bad as hiding bottles in the greenhouse (old AA Jack lemmon movie):

1. use my paypal account so she never sees the bills
2. deliveries during the day while she's at work -I'm retired, so I get them
3. items unpacked - check to see no peanuts on the floor ( she knows)
4. boxes put in trunk and taken to dump next time out...

waynvision
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
My wife doesn't make comments any more, she just rolls her eyes and sighs. But I found that to be worse than an argument, so my approach is similar to glen e's:

1. I collect all packages from my courier's warehouse directly. I unpack the boxes by the disposal bin outside and try to reconcile the items into as small a box as possible. Often that means as few boxes as possible....

2. The boxes stay in my trunk until I arrive home first one evening. Once I do, I unpack into the storage room outside. Now, this has deliberately been left in a state of relative disrepair to camouflage the bottles and bottles of product.

3. Recently, I've started stacking some large boxes in a corner to create the illusion of an impending clean-up. What will really occur is a subtle re-organization of items so that the bottom two boxes will actually not be empty, but be filled with product, and the empty boxes stacked on top them will be another level of camouflage.....

4. Any extra, empty boxes are quietly placed in my trunk for the next visit to a disposal bin. Otherwise, in the dead of the night or late in the evening, I crush the boxes by mashing them down then place them in garbage bags. This can only be dome on those days when the garbage is to be put out and is camouflaged with 'real' garbage from the house.

I tell you though, it is an exceptional skill (talent?) that women have, to be able to make you feel guilty without an all-out argument. It feels worse when you know they're disappointed in you rather than if they yell at you. Worse still if you have children and you know they're right.... after all, how much supplies do we really NEED?

mark58
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
That's a good one Spiney.... After reading your last sentence where you used the word "aint", i knew you had to be from PA! LOL

And what is wrong with aint?
have you ever heard any saying " MOPEAR" ?

duck_commander
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
^^^ HAHA no i haven't heard the "MOPEAR" yet, but i've heard "YINZ" and "JAGOFF" plenty of times :)

TLMitchell
01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Let's hear what your wives have said :D

Mine said "buh bye" as I showed her the door after the last time she nagged me. Expensive but worth it. Kind of like a happiness tax. :dblthumb2:

TL

Bigpat
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
My girlfriend always says "whatcha doin chattin with your girlfriend??" Apparently AGO is a chick lol

glen e
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
actually the "dangerous days" are ones like today:

UPS working and the wife has the day off.....a perfect storm brewing

mark58
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM

^^^ HAHA no i haven't heard the "MOPEAR" yet, but i've heard "YINZ" and "JAGOFF" plenty of times :)

Up here in Erie when we ask people from Pittsburgh where are they from, they would answer "Mopear from Pittsburgh" We call them MOP EARS!

Porsche Pilot
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
My wife says I am a jackass but it has nothing to do with detailing. I cant share her detailing comments in public...they are reserved for my therapist.

glen e
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
My wife says I am a jackass but it has nothing to do with detailing. I cant share her detailing comments in public...they are reserved for my therapist.

I like the old Dennis Miller line:

"My wife and I are different....I say Po-tay-to, and she says:

"Shut the f**k up".......

Bacon
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Its not my wife its my neighbors that think I am nuts...and when I share with them some of the threads in this forum....well, they than think there are bigger nuts than me!