PDA

View Full Version : Making a new add any thoughts

Billand
01-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I am making a new add to hand out at car shows and perspective clients. It will be on photo grade paper about 3" x 5" here are two versions I played with on my iPhone

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4dd24-397d-61ee.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4dd24-3998-da4d.jpg

Shawnw
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
You gotta do something better with that text. The red is hard to read and doesn't jump out and grab attention. Try it with white?

PPLd
01-14-2012, 11:07 PM
The car in the photo is not shiny enough and the background is not attractive.
That will make customers think you are someone doing DIY in garage and they can do the same as you.

Try to get another photo.
If you are not good at photography, buy one online.
Contact the photographer/owner of the photo and tell him you want to use his photo.

Spiney
01-15-2012, 01:47 AM
I concur. I personally love the Yellow Stang. But the text is way too hard to read and the background is very distracting. If you had a shot of a car sitting in a large sea of asphalt to give you a non distracting background to work with. Of an image of a highly detailed car dropped onto an all white background or black and then lay down your text. Car could also be shot in a field, in a clean garage, or a nice country road. Keep trying.

Bunky
01-15-2012, 08:04 AM
You definitely need a good glamour shot of the car. If necessary, find someone who knows how to compose a good picture. You should either crop out unnecessary aspects (like the driveway beside the car - the foreground).

The text definitely needs to be contrasty and not take away from the image.

pickles
01-15-2012, 10:03 AM
That's a cool car,I have to agree w/ the previous posts.Maybe if the car was angled or if the picture of the car only showed a portion of it.Maybe try a solid colored backround,black?Maybe the lettering could match the car color?You may find some inspiration or ideas from labels of car products you have.The yellow is similar to that of the car on the meguair's ultimate products.

FUNX650
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm afraid I can't ad to anything that's already been suggested. Sorry.

:)

Bob

TornadoRed
01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
All great suggestions. I'd like to add that the abbreviation for advertisement is ad not add.
:poke:

Rix6
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
A WORLD OF DETAILS
Mobile Auto Detailing

You are a business, not a sentence. Capitalize on that! :props:

tw33k2514
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
This is how an add should look

http://www.trusteddetailing.com/images/detailad.jpg

A quick google search and you should get some ideas.

toycar18
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Hire a Graphic Designer and get an edge over the competition.

The more professional, the more business you will get. It may cost some money up front but in the long run it pays for itself. I would hire the ad above this post over yours - all day long. Cars are very personal to the owner and many would rather hire a pro that is professional in every aspect of their business.