PDA

View Full Version : Opti-coating Wheel Cocerns

shoeless89
01-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey guys I'm about to Opti-coat my summer wheels. I'm going to remove all the wheel weights and just get them re-balanced in the Spring. My concern is will the new wheel weights stick to the Opti-coat? There's no lip on the rim to put traditional weights on so they'll be the ones that stick on the inside. Thanks for the help!

BobbyG
01-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Shawn,

If the Opti-Coat is properly applied to a clean and polishing wheel I can't see what not.

Opti-Coat is supposed to be "similar" to the clear on your car so if it's clean, polished, and applied when the wheel is 7o degrees or so I think you should be OK! :props:

The only way Opti-Coat can be removed if I've read everything correctly is abraded or polished off.

TLMitchell
01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
My concern is will the new wheel weights stick to the Opti-coat? There's no lip on the rim to put traditional weights on so they'll be the ones that stick on the inside.

I asked Chris and Dr. G. about this specifically when I met them at SEMA, both said no problem with wheel weight adhesion.

TL

shoeless89
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Awesome thank you!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

rfinkle2
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Great q. and thanks for the answers.

Dr Oldz
01-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I have had zero trouble thus far. About 5 months thus far.

Munich77
01-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I have had zero trouble thus far. About 5 months thus far.

Has the coating made it easier to keep the wheels clean?

Dr Oldz
01-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Has the coating made it easier to keep the wheels clean?

Yes, definately. Soap and water is all I use now, even if they are super dirty. Initally a PITA to do but you will save time, effort and money on wheel cleaners in the long run. I am happy I did it!

Chris Thomas
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
You won't have any trouble with adhesives. OC doesn't repel adhesive like it does airborn contaminants.