PDA

View Full Version : HD Backing Plate and Pad Size Question...

alko
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I sent Nick a PM asking this but figured why not post it here...

Question number A:

Has anyone used the Flex HD backing plate? I am eyeing the 5" HD backing plate for the 6" Kompressor pads. The description for the 6" Kompressor pads says it "works perfectly with the Lake Country's 5" flexible backing plate." I'm alittle reserved about this because of the way these pads are described to work. They're curved but when attached to a backing plate they create that "sweet spot" in the middle. Would I still be able to create this effect with a 5" HD Flex backing plate?

Question number B:

This is follow-up to question number a....

As stated above, I'm eyeing the Kompressor pads for the Flex PE-14. I really enjoy using the 5.5" pads with the PC, and I'm thinking that the larger 7" pads are alittle too big to use. Are there any drawbacks to the 6" pads vs 7" pads? What are your thoughts on the different size pads?

Thanks guys.

tw33k2514
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Can't comment on the backing plate. But for me 6" pads are the sweet spot with a rotary. 7" is just to big for today's small panels and body lines.

alko
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah I think I'm gonna stick with the 6" pads. Since the PE-14 came with a 6" backing plate I may pick up the HD backing plate to see if they're any different. Just don't want to waste $20 that could go towards another product.