PDA

View Full Version : What product for this.....

Nappers
01-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Help gang,

I'm thinking some Meguiar's M105/M205, with some duct tape, a couple of flashlights and she will be good as new!

What do you think?
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1369/tn.jpg

Stinkin' Deer!

Drive careful my friends!

L8R

Aaron

mjlinane
01-13-2012, 06:45 AM
:haha:

Do watch out for deers.

BobbyG
01-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Start off with a heavy duty compound and wool pad.....:laughing:

Ouch! Deer are tough and do lots of damage....

KBsToy
01-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Don`t forget the large size of Bondo :buffing:

Mike Phillips
01-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Sorry to see this Aarron...

Laura had the same thing happen to her Audi recently and shares her story here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/44794-extreme-practice-what-i-did-not-do-chevy-pos.html

She coined the term

Suicide Bambi

:laughing:

Nappers
01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
suicide bambi! That's great!

When I got home from work yesterday morning, I took a lookie and nothing but cosmetic damage. Bent bumper brace, dented bumper obviously, shattered headlight panel mounting gizmo and of course, no headlight or turn signal or right side of grill. The only pieces I removed was a small piece of the mirror on the headlights and the bulbs from the turn signals. Frame looks fine. I called Action U pull it in Medford OR and they have grill, headlight, headlight panel for $185.00 and will check on bumper and braces after removing and a hammer doesn't do the trick.....

It'll be good as new by Tuesday I hope! I'm kinda handy with fixing stuff. And if weather is okay, finish dent on other fender from a Yukon vs Sonic sign.....Not my year with cars. I may buy a brush guard for the bambi's. Hopefully in the deer community they spread the word about the Gold Yukon on the road.....

But, have to say, the M26 wax made the deer glance off the side with no fender damage, only broken plastics which is easy to replace (removed once to fix grill from a pheasant going through).

The car drives straight, no leaks from radiator, everything works, and the gauges show normal. I didn't get hurt and didn't do more damage to the car, thankfully.

I did go back to see the crash scene, saw a pile of guts, no deer..... Someone got some road kill for jerkey (blech). Saw all the plastic from my right side grill.....

The worst part was I tried my headlight restorer from Meguiar's and just shined up that headlight clear as crystal (sans pock marks from 174,000+ miles).....

L8R

Aaron

Nappers
01-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Well the lights and the headlight panel came this week and got them installed late yesterday before work. It's nice having all lights working.....

I'm getting a grille for my birthday and I just need a bumper and she will be done.....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1369/medium/lights2.jpg

Gotta love Ebay..... $66.12 shipped brand new for the lights (headlights had bulbs) and $18 bucks for the panel. No problems getting them to fit. The grille is shattered bad, it's pop riveted and zip tied to the front so it don't fly off. Grille be here next week hopefully. Found a bumper for $154 shipped, next pay check. No frame problems, no leaks. Funny thing is 3 days later the in tank fuel pump died, got that fixed, then dryer died, motor is shot..... We are getting new machines this weekend. 2012 is starting out with a bang!

Nappers
02-02-2012, 08:15 AM
A great big box ended up on my front porch, it may be my birthday grille from my girlfriend!

Only thing left is the bumper, I'm either going to try to have it straightened or get a new one.....

shoeless89
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Knock on wood I've never hit a deer. But if I did, it better hope it dies on impact because I will get out of my car and kill it with my bare hands!