PDA

View Full Version : So how long do you think it's going to take?

KA41
01-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I bought my wife a 09 cadillac escalade with 86k miles on it. Its not the esv, which is the long one, but the base model the size of a tahoe. Anyway I plan on doing a detail possibly this weekend if time permits. The color is Infrared Tintcoat (burgundy). Overall its not that bad, a few swirls and some minor scratches. I plan on wash/clay, PC7424xp with Megs UC followed by Megs UP and then topping it off with DP sealant. I have LC 5.5" flats, 3 each of orange, white and black.
This will be my first attempt with a DA. About how much time should I allow to accomplish this?

Setec Astronomy
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
14 hours? Make sure you have some pain reliever on hand for the next day.

Do yourself a favor and do it a section at a time, or maybe half of it this weekend and half next weekend. Seriously, you likely have some learning curve time to get through, don't think you have to do the whole thing at once.

slickooz
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
10-15 hours sounds about right for exterior. I would spilt it up between two days. Try to finish wash/clay and compound on day one, and day 2 polish, sealant and windows. Do you have a garage?

Are you going detail the interior? Depending on how bad it is, it going take anywhere from 1-3 hours.

jpegs13
01-13-2012, 03:05 AM
I have an Escalade, I usually break it up over 2 days. In the order slickooz stated.

Danube
01-13-2012, 03:14 AM
I bought my wife a 09 cadillac escalade with 86k miles on it. Its not the esv, which is the long one, but the base model the size of a tahoe. Anyway I plan on doing a detail possibly this weekend if time permits. The color is Infrared Tintcoat (burgundy). Overall its not that bad, a few swirls and some minor scratches. I plan on wash/clay, PC7424xp with Megs UC followed by Megs UP and then topping it off with DP sealant. I have LC 5.5" flats, 3 each of orange, white and black.
This will be my first attempt with a DA. About how much time should I allow to accomplish this?

My firs detail took me about 20 hours for outside only, but I'm to fussy, you can get away with 10-12.

And yes, splitting it in 2 days is a good idea for the first detail .. and get some panadol for muscles.

Cheers

:xyxthumbs:

KA41
01-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Well if I'm looking at min 12hrs, I will definitely break it up in to 2 days. I do have a shop to work in so the weather is not a factor but I probably will not get to it this weekend because of other commitments.