PDA

View Full Version : 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Pad Glaze Dark

supra90
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Just wondering what your thoughts are about this product? I wanted to use a hand glaze. Not sure which is better. Mothers, Meguiars, or 3M Imperial hand glaze. I ordered the above product because it is for dark cars. How good is this product at "filling in" defects in the paint? Thanks

ryanmcg1
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Meg's mirror glaze #7 show car glaze worked good on my black paint at masking the scrathes. I don't use it no more since I got my GG DA and learned the art of swirl removal. Now I been using WDGPS to seal the paint.

RohrC
01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't use glazes, however, I have heard great things about PB Black Hole (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-black-hole-show-glaze.html). I am not sure how dead set you are on the "big three" that you have already mentioned. If you are open to other products, I hear that is a great product. I have a buddy that swears by it for his Mustang.

I remember reading not that long ago that the Meguiars' product is pretty good stuff! It can be a little greasy but overall, good stuff. However, like I said, I haven't used it personally.

By the way, welcome to Autogeek!

Audios S6
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm almost certain both of the 3M products do not contain any fillers; I believe they contain very mild abrasives and "glossifying agents".

So to answer your question, it will suck very bad at filling in defects.