PDA

View Full Version : upgrading parts on mytee HP 60...???

Mobile detail
01-12-2012, 03:07 AM
My water pump is starting to die on the spyder HP60. Its been a great machine with lots of power and suction but its not spraying evenly or powerfully at all any more. I have already flushed it with clr, and wheel acid, but to no avail. I haven't torn into it yet but from what i've seen for replacement parts, it appears the pump is just a sure flo.

My question is can I install a higher psi pimp and has anyone found/done this?
Also my heater is taking a while to heat up and isn't as hot as it used to be. Ideas?

opie_7afe
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
for the pump you can get a stronger pump, if it comes with a 60psi you could upgrade to 100 psi provided the lines can handle it(read the markings on the lines) as far as the heater goes, take it out of the unit and run some clr though the water inlet/outlet and let it soak for a few(follow directions to clean coffee makers on the clr bottle) most of the time the heating elements get limescale/calcium build-up on the element itself and needs to be cleaned out. when the heating element has calcium/lime build-up it wont transfer the heat energy to the water as effectivly. good luck with it, if anything call up mytee themselves and ask....

Vegas Transplant
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Don't know whether you solved your problem or not but steamclean.com has a live chat on their website. Went to mytee website and am surprised by the extensive lists of discontinued items. Happy trails...

opie_7afe
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
i forgot to add, with the mytee dont the cleaner solution/water mix go through the heater or is it just the rinse water? if its cleaning solution to prevent buildup/corrosion of the heating element flush with clean water after use, and use of water filtered with a sediment/chemical filter(small 2 filter unit with a cloth filter and a carbon filter) along with flushing of the heating element with clean water will prevent the corrosion/mineral buildup on the heating element. hope this helps. i dont own a mytee and has been a while since i looked inside one(used one tons of times and fixed one a time or two)....