PDA

View Full Version : Installing speed govenor on car?

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I've seen this on the news and heard about it before, with parents installing them to keep their teen drivers from speeding. I just searched for over an hour and cannot find anything, anybody have a website they can point me too? Want to get one for somebody lol.

ltoman
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I've seen this on the news and heard about it before, with parents installing them to keep their teen drivers from speeding. I just searched for over an hour and cannot find anything, anybody have a website they can point me too?

woah, really? i know they have ones that monitor speed, hard stops, etc.
I would like to get a hold of one!

Gary Sword
02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't know about a website but your parents really need to check into it.

Surfer
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't know about a website but your parents really need to check into it.My parents lol? My whole family is involved in boat/auto racing:D, can you say speed freaks lol. This is for my biz partner, seriously, keeps getting speeding tickets lol. And the one tonight was way, way, way over I-95 limit. Worried, I know how to control a car and have the racing experience, I know he doesn't and don't want to see anything happen to him.

Gary Sword
02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
My parents lol? My whole family is involved in boat/auto racing:D, can you say speed freaks lol. This is for my biz partner, seriously, keeps getting speeding tickets lol. And the one tonight was way, way, way over I-95 limit. Worried, I know how to control a car and have the racing experience, I know he doesn't and don't want to see anything happen to him.

Sure Surfer, we all know your scared to go over 55.:p

ltoman
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't know about a website but your parents really need to check into it.

gary, you talk about me? you have to be kidding. you are a way bigger tease than i am!!!
lol
surfer's gonna slap you!
hee hee:p

Gary Sword
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM
gary, you talk about me? you have to be kidding. you are a way bigger tease than i am!!!
lol
surfer's gonna slap you!
hee hee:p

I'm serious and Surfer know it. ;)

bambo2888
02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
ehh, thank god im out of the house before these came around... lol

ltoman
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm serious and Surfer know it. ;)

ok, you go boy but surfer is going to slap you, gary!
just cause he sleeps with his lil min-pin...

i love min pin's, btw, but ours sleeps in her kennel.;)

Whitethunder46
02-28-2007, 12:04 AM
This kind of reminded me of my handheld flash tuner I use on my Mustang's CPU. I can flash a new "tune" to the car when I take it to a dealer or some shop and can program the car to not exceed a certain amount of RPMs, such as 4K. I've never used it, but many do.

supercharged
02-28-2007, 02:54 AM
I've seen this on the news and heard about it before, with parents installing them to keep their teen drivers from speeding. I just searched for over an hour and cannot find anything, anybody have a website they can point me too? Want to get one for somebody lol.
And what speed does it limits a car to?

dengood1
02-28-2007, 06:17 AM
so you're gonna secretly install one in your biz partners car to keep him in check?

Nuke33
02-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Man i would not like that haha

Surfer
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
And what speed does it limits a car to?You can set it, I remember the show on the news, like you can have it set for really any speed like 75 and it won't go above that.

My sister wants to get him one for his birthday lol.

bambo2888
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
And what speed does it limits a car to?

like, in your RL, you're probably governed around 145-150, meaning your car's computer will not allow the car to travel any faster (either through a gas cutoff or a rev limiter). This is the same thing, but installed aftermarket onto cars that either don't have a governor (like my TL), or to have a slower governed speed.