PDA

View Full Version : Figured I'd share this with you guys.

Pages : [1] 2

SkateForGirl
01-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Whats up AutoGeek :cool:

Today was a beautiful day so I decided to drive my car to work today which is very rare. I figured before it starts raining and snowing I might as well enjoy some driving cause the rest of the week is going to suck.

Anyways, on my way to work today I had a state trooper get next to me and eye me down. He then gets in front of me then behind me and the state trooper pulls me over on the Long Island Expressway. Being that I drive a sports car whenever I get pulled over I put my keys on the roof of the car so that's what I did. Both officers get out and the one officer on my driver side window does the normal "license and registration" while the other one just stares me down though my passenger window.

Anyways I ask the officer why I'm getting pulled over. He responds with a wellllll I noticed you don't have a Front plate nor do you have your registration or inspection in your window andddd your car is kind of loud, do you have an "exhaust pipe on this car". I said yes I have an exhaust pipe and then I proceeded with a yes I know sir, I told him that my windshield was just replaced and the guy didnt put my registration and inspection back in the window but I gave him all the proof of it which by the way the windshield excuse was a lie. I love the way my car looks with no stickers in the window and no front plate. The passenger side cop then opens my door and looks around while the other cop goes back to the car while saying you better have a clean license!

Soo the passenger side cop then asks me who's PBA card I had which I forgot to give to the other officer. He only noticed it because it was behind my license when I pulled it out. I told him that It was my cousins and he works in this county (Nassau County) He looks at the PBA card and he notices my cousin didn't sign it. He asks why isn't this signed and I said Honestly sir when he gave it to me at our family Holiday party, he was too drunk to sign it. He was like ok. So he brought it to the guy and the car.

I call my mom to get my cousins number just in case they ask for it and I notice the passenger officer get back out again opens my passenger door and flings all my stuff at me and says YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!

Really man.... you really had to throw my papers everywhere.... At least I didn't get a ticket though. :props:

Anyways I got to work and I left my car parked outside and came out 4 hours later to see Bird poop on my hood and side fender. I IMMEDIATELY got my quick detailer out and got that off. Now I have to go home and wash the car and polish the etching out of the paint that it left behind. I HATE BIRDS :mad: !

I hope everyone else's day is going good! Im the MAN

TS656577
01-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow. Luckily, all the cops around here are pretty nice. If it makes you feel better, I saw a dead cat laying on the road last night at the last second and tried to get the car to go under between the exhaust and the wheels since there's more room there but my car is too low. the cat ripped my splash guard down and something popped in the rear and now it has a really bad grinding sound.

bobble
01-11-2012, 04:14 PM
While I completely repsect all LEO's period some of the attitude is unreal. I got stopped a couple of months ago, I have a BMW 335 with a tune, FMIC and downpipes but stock exhaust out back. Anyhow motor officer passes me on a 2 lane road at a fairly good clip, about 6 miles later starts another two lane road off the side that is very narrow, lined with trees but a nice drive (mind I drive this road every day for the last 2 plus years and before that probably 3 times a month for the last 15 years). Cop gets caught up behind a slow car and I catch him, yes I was romping on it having a little fun. I pull up next to him at the first light after this road ends, he gives me the evil eye and I just wave hi, he pulls right behind me and lights me up. Now he's from another city @ 25 miles away. Starts giving me a ration about the road my driving style etc, mind you he was not visible until we reached the end of the road where i caught up but I did make up the distance on him rather quickly so how he saw my driving style is beyond me. So I ask him are you writing me a ticket after we waste 3 or 4 minutes of him telling me about his pet peeves about drivers. He just walked behind to his bike and yells I have my eye on you and roared away.

alko
01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Damn man that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear this.

SkateForGirl
01-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow. Luckily, all the cops around here are pretty nice. If it makes you feel better, I saw a dead cat laying on the road last night at the last second and tried to get the car to go under between the exhaust and the wheels since there's more room there but my car is too low. the cat ripped my splash guard down and something popped in the rear and now it has a really bad grinding sound.
Damn dude that sucks. What are you going to do about that? Have you gotten it looked at yet?

While I completely repsect all LEO's period some of the attitude is unreal. I got stopped a couple of months ago, I have a BMW 335 with a tune, FMIC and downpipes but stock exhaust out back. Anyhow motor officer passes me on a 2 lane road at a fairly good clip, about 6 miles later starts another two lane road off the side that is very narrow, lined with trees but a nice drive (mind I drive this road every day for the last 2 plus years and before that probably 3 times a month for the last 15 years). Cop gets caught up behind a slow car and I catch him, yes I was romping on it having a little fun. I pull up next to him at the first light after this road ends, he gives me the evil eye and I just wave hi, he pulls right behind me and lights me up. Now he's from another city @ 25 miles away. Starts giving me a ration about the road my driving style etc, mind you he was not visible until we reached the end of the road where i caught up but I did make up the distance on him rather quickly so how he saw my driving style is beyond me. So I ask him are you writing me a ticket after we waste 3 or 4 minutes of him telling me about his pet peeves about drivers. He just walked behind to his bike and yells I have my eye on you and roared away.
I hear ya man. I dont understand their attitude sometimes. At least you didnt get a ticket either :xyxthumbs:

Damn man that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear this.
Its not all that bad. I was nervous at first but when he threw my papers at me I was kind of releaved but pissed at the same time. The bird poop is another thing though. That pisses me off. I guess I get to go home and do some :buffing: Yay I can't wait :xyxthumbs:

Bobby B.
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
That's one reason why I moved out of Long Island. At least you didn't get a ticket.

Meticulous-Detail
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
How about getting pulled over in your unmarked police vehicle while responding to a request for back up by a marked vehicle and then catching an attitude from the officer.............

I get pulled over more times in my police vehicle, then I do with my GT500 and have to deal with attitudes while on duty in an unmarked/ on official business.

Make you feel better?....................lol

Reflexion
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Like you said, at least you didn't get ticketed.

I've noticed that when I lived on the West coast of FL I got pulled over 2 or 3 times and never got ticketed. The cops over there were way more tolerant & actually talked to you rather than just throw an attitude, especially if you have a good driving record. The cops over on the East coast, especially in PBC, are allllllll about tickets and attitude. My Beltronics 995 is totally worth it!

To add to that, I think state troopers are always gonna give you a harder time than a local cop. (I'm almost certain the "attitude" comes with the badge, lol)

If only I had a dashcam....the other drivers I see on a daily basis......I'd love to compile a video & send it to PBSO

RFulmer
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Why do a lot of cops have to be jerks.

I had one at a license checkpoint check me for my license/registration/and insurance. I had to unsnap my seat belt so I could lean over to the glove box in my van to get the stuff he wanted. He said I was good to go but he had to give me a ticket for not having my seat belt on.

I said I took it off because I had to get the paperwork you asked for, he said it didn't matter. I called his boss but they wouldn't do anything about it.

lokichaos
01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
How about getting pulled over in your unmarked police vehicle while responding to a request for back up by a marked vehicle and then catching an attitude from the officer.............

I get pulled over more times in my police vehicle, then I do with my GT500 and have to deal with attitudes while on duty in an unmarked/ on official business.

That is very funny. I can only imagine what the other officer is feeling when he realizes that you are also an officer. What is your unmarked police vehicle though?

Porsche Pilot
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM

I thought that only happened to me! Glad I'm not alone. My black Charger is a Trooper magnet...my Porsche not so much.Of course, I have pursued many an unmarked car myself. Tap the strobes for god's sake!

Meticulous-Detail
01-11-2012, 09:29 PM
That is very funny. I can only imagine what the other officer is feeling when he realizes that you are also an officer. What is your unmarked police vehicle though?

Chevy Impala with tinted windows and tinted plates.

I thought that only happened to me! Glad I'm not alone. My black Charger is a Trooper magnet...my Porsche not so much.Of course, I have pursued many an unmarked car myself. Tap the strobes for god's sake!

Lol, In my scenario I was running lights and sirens. I always flip on the rears when I am getting pulled over, but sometimes I still get pulled over and read the riot act.

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Of course, I have pursued many an unmarked car myself.

You have?

SkateForGirl
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM

That's funny. Ridiculous how he gives you an attitude!

Why do a lot of cops have to be jerks.

I had one at a license checkpoint check me for my license/registration/and insurance. I had to unsnap my seat belt so I could lean over to the glove box in my van to get the stuff he wanted. He said I was good to go but he had to give me a ticket for not having my seat belt on.

I said I took it off because I had to get the paperwork you asked for, he said it didn't matter. I called his boss but they wouldn't do anything about it.
That's just ridiculous. I would of flipped

Like you said, at least you didn't get ticketed.

I've noticed that when I lived on the West coast of FL I got pulled over 2 or 3 times and never got ticketed. The cops over there were way more tolerant & actually talked to you rather than just throw an attitude, especially if you have a good driving record. The cops over on the East coast, especially in PBC, are allllllll about tickets and attitude. My Beltronics 995 is totally worth it!

To add to that, I think state troopers are always gonna give you a harder time than a local cop. (I'm almost certain the "attitude" comes with the badge, lol)

If only I had a dashcam....the other drivers I see on a daily basis......I'd love to compile a video & send it to PBSO
I've always thought Florida cops weren't that bad

mwoolfso
01-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Sheesh..... those troopers in general on the LIE are rough, always have been. The ego they display is disturbing at times. I had a trooper in NJ on the turnpike tell me I must have been going over the speed limit because I braked hard in front of another vehicle as I passed him (the trooper). I stated that I was braking hard because the person had just entered the turnpike and came into the middle-lane, was not up to 55mph and effectively cut me off before I had a chance to adjust to the slower speed. He then came across with a lame comment coming off as if he knew more about what was happening than I did. Before I had a chance to tell him to "xxxx or get off the pot" he gave me my license and registration and told me to watch-out. I said, "always do and than you sir". LOL Still, I felt "strafed" by the episode.

You survive and move on..... Worse things happen out there.