PDA

View Full Version : Washing micro fiber Q??????????????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Derek Short
01-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I recently purchased.... Micro-Restore doesn’t just clean microfiber, it restores microfiber! (http://www.autogeek.net/mr32.html)

I plan to use the same washer that i use to wash my cloths with, to wash my micro fiber towels, etc.

My question is will the products such as waxes, polish, etc. once the washing is done will it leave a residue or film in the washer that could mess up or ruin my cloths when i go to wash them?

oldmodman
01-11-2012, 01:06 AM
My not very helpful answer is "yes and no"

I have washed up to 30 MF towel at a time in Micro restore and was very happy with the results.
Now as to whether the washer tub will hold enough residue to smell up your clothes.

I can't tell. My clothes always smell like car wax and detailing products. Or maybe it's just me.

Alex Boyce
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I've washed my microfibers in my normal washer and have seen no changes/problems.

I tend to wash my microfibers that have wax on them separate from polishing MF and separate from glass MF, and separate from drying MF.

feslope
01-11-2012, 02:01 AM
I've washed my microfibers in my normal washer and have seen no changes/problems.Me too. Same

CEE DOG
01-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I haven't seen any issues in our washer. If my wife had I wouldn't be here to talk about it.

Vegas Transplant
01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
I usually prewash my mf's with apc and warm water in my wash bucket . Agitating with a long handle brush. Wring out and rinse in the utility sink, which is locaed adjacent to the washer. Wash on heavy cycle with tide . She would kill me if I dumped 20-30 mf's straight into the washer. Happy trails

Flannigan
01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I throw out the really nasty ones (wiping off tire shine, cleaning engine bays) but for the most part I just dump the towels right into the washer, run them on the hottest water, and do a second rinse cycle. I've never had an issue with clothes getting ruined or smelling.

Niebelung
01-11-2012, 08:40 AM
In my experience, the minimal amount of residue on MF towels from normal polish/wax/sealant wiping use doesn't leave a film behind, even on a front loading HE washer (like mine) that runs on room temp water (say about 85 deg F)

Really gunky towels on the other hand I leave to soak in a bucket overnight and hand wash. If you really want to be sure about not having any residue, I would recommend pre-soaking the MF in a bucket overnight, wring out and then wash as per normal.

MI Mike
01-11-2012, 08:42 AM
My not very helpful answer is "yes and no"
I have washed up to 30 MF towel at a time in Micro restore and was very happy with the results. Now as to whether the washer tub will hold enough residue to smell up your clothes. I can't tell. My clothes always smell like car wax and detailing products. Or maybe it's just me.

Like others have mentioned, I will pre-soak wax mf towels to eliminate as much polish, etc. before washing. To keep the little lady happy (she who must be obeyed), I will wipe down the washer drum with a mf towel that is used just for the purpose to remove any residue that may be left. Sort of a before/after wipe down. Damp towel.

:dblthumb2:

S2K
01-11-2012, 08:42 AM
It seems whenever I wash MF's it leaves a dark residue in the washer just above the water line. I just wipe it out with a paper towel increase the water level and run the machine empty one time. I have never had any problem with stains or odor on my clothes after a wash.

Flannigan: You said you use hot water to wash and I've always read to use cold. Now I'm curious if I'm doing it wrong.

Everybody else: What temp do you wash in?

ProMoDe
01-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I wash warm or cold depending on the degree of dirty. I also get some residue at the top of the washer and on the agitator. I wipe it off with no issues. I also rotate between all free, micro restore and pinnacle micro rejuvenator.

Vegas Transplant
01-11-2012, 09:03 AM
It seems whenever I wash MF's it leaves a dark residue in the washer just above the water line. I just wipe it out with a paper towel increase the water level and run the machine empty one time. I have never had any problem with stains or odor on my clothes after a wash.

Flannigan: You said you use hot water to wash and I've always read to use cold. Now I'm curious if I'm doing it wrong.

Warm. Heat is the mortal enemy of mf imo

Flannigan
01-11-2012, 09:09 AM

HOT HOT HOT for the WATER, but only dry on low heat at most.

Warm. Heat is the mortal enemy of mf imo
Hot water will do nothing to MF towels. People boil towels all the time to bring back thier softness. If anything hotter water will break up more drit and grime and get them cleaner. The only heat you have to worry about is from the dryer, not the washer.

Vegas Transplant
01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
HOT HOT HOT for the WATER, but only dry on low heat at most.

Hot water will do nothing to MF towels. People boil towels all the time to bring back thier softness. If anything hotter water will break up more drit and grime and get them cleaner. The only heat you have to worry about is from the dryer, not the washer.
I don't understand the logic, but whatever floats your boat. My ocd will not let me deviate from my process. Happy trails...

Flannigan
01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't understand the logic, but whatever floats your boat. My ocd will not let me deviate from my process. Happy trails...
I'm not sure what logic you don't understand? I'm not looking to change your process if it works for you, I'm just giving the OP the best advice that I have.