PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait until spring to correct?

WRXINXS
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just about ready to do my first ever correction detail! It will be on my 2003 WRX (soft black paint/fairly good condition). My question is, would it be wise to wait until spring to do the correction work (After the Delaware winter is over)? I'm just itching to do it now though. I'm going to do some test spots so I have not fully committed to a polish yet but its either going to be 205/white pad, fixer/white pad or power finish/white pad as a one step, with 2 layers CQuartz after the correction. We get snow about 4 times in a typical season. I wash my car traditional every chance I get when the weather is not too bad and will use rinseless when it gets too cold. I just don't want to undo anything by doing the correction this winter and it being all swirled up in the spring.

Thanks,
Drew

embolism
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
if you have somewhere to do it where temp is not an issue then go for it.

only thing to consider is that the coatings usually reach full hardness after 3 months (OC anyhow). In that time, there is more potential for marring from snow/ice removal as opposed to doing the coating in the spring, then letting it fully harden over the summer/fall

If you are itching to do something and temp is not an issue, then have at it but put a sealant on, then do a mini detail in the spring and maybe jewel up the paint before coating it...

mjlinane
01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
The listed working temp range for a Cquartz is 59-90F. If you can do that and you want to, have at it.

WRXINXS
01-10-2012, 05:16 PM
The listed working temp range for a Cquartz is 59-90F. If you can do that and you want to, have at it.

Its not really that that I'm worried about, it is having the winter undo what I have done as far as correcting swirls. But I did not now that about the working range thank you!