PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Dilution Ratios Table

Pages : [1] 2 3

PPLd
01-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Here is my little contribution to the Autogeekonline forum.
I am car detailing supply junkie and always want to try sth new. I got so many shampoos I dont know if I can finish them all in my lifetime. Have been collecting data and come up with this spreadsheet table.
I will keep this table updated when I find a mistake or come across a new shampoo.
Hope this can help with some members who are in doubt about certain products :)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/SNAG-0000.png

Shampoo - name of shampoo, arranged in alphabetical order.
Cost - selling price in USD, note that some soaps may not be available in USA. If several size is available for that wash soap, I will use the largest one (most economical to buy bulk). Shipping cost is not included.
Volume/ml - Volume in milliliter. 1 US fl oz = 29.57ml.
Dil Ratio - Dilution ratio of shampoo either from the product label, or from recommendation by forum members. I tend to record shampoo at a medium dilution if I found several value online.
ml/L - how many ml of soap is needed for 1 liter of wash solution
ml/Gal - how many ml of soap is needed for 1 gallon of wash solution
10L - how many ml of soap is needed to make up a bucket with 10L of wash solution.
3.88238Gal - how many ml of soap is needed to make up a bucket with 3.88238gal of wash solution. To get this 3.88238 number, I bought a new 5 gal bucket, put 1 Grit Guard in, weight the set up with digital scale, then fill water to the line near the top of bucket, weight the bucket again and get the weight difference to find out that 3.88238gal of water is used if I fill water to the line in my bucket.
If you have bucket that holds 4 gal of wash solution, you may want to multiply the ml/Gal x 4 / 30 to get the amount of soap you need to use.
# of wash - how many number of washes will you get out of your bottle of soap if you use according to my dilution ratio
$/wash - how much it costs per wash

Please note that this table is for reference only. You may want to try different dilution ratio or even combine some soaps to suit your taste.

Reference: Google, numerous forums, and "Shampoo Dilution Ratios & Per Wash Prices" posted by Dieni at:
Shampoo Dilution Ratios & Per Wash Prices - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162012)

Keywords for Google: Autoglym, Britemax, Carlack, CG, Chemical Guys, Dodo Juice, Duragloss, 1Z Einszett, FK Finish Kare, Meguiar's, Mother's, Optimum, Pinnacle, Poorboy's, Sonax, Sonus, Ultima, Wolfgang, Zaino, car shampoo conditioner wash wax.

alko
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
wwwooooowwww this is awesome!!! thanks!!!!

tw33k2514
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Very nice!

Thanks for putting this together for us.

slickooz
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the information! I see couple shampoos I use on the list. :xyxthumbs:

Meticulous-Detail
01-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Cool! thanx

Flash Gordon
01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I didn't see Dawn on your list http://www.autopia.org/forum/images/smilies2/ohwell.gif

BobbyG
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Someone's been busy with Microsoft Excel!!

Very nice contribution to the group, thank you! :props:

Ted S.
01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I didn't see Dawn on your list http://www.autopia.org/forum/images/smilies2/ohwell.gif
:iagree::awman: :rolleyes:

Chris Thomas
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I would recommend changing the $/wash to $/gallon as we all use different quantities to wash.

For example, you can wash most any car with only 2 gallon of No Rinse, which only uses 1oz of product, which only costs $.31 where you have $.61.

Nice job on the list, it should be very helpful!

alko
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
I would recommend changing the $/wash to $/gallon as we all use different quantities to wash.

For example, you can wash most any car with only 2 gallon of No Rinse, which only uses 1oz of product, which only costs $.31 where you have $.61.

The way I use ONR I'm out of 2 gallons half way through the wash.

embolism
01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
The way I use ONR I'm out of 2 gallons half way through the wash.

is that b/c you have a grit guard in the wash bucket?

I used to have that problem but now when I do ONR, I'll put both gg's in my rinse bucket...

Haven't studied the table but I agree that you need to have a standard measure

from what Chris said, I'm guessing that the standard measure used was 4 gallons...

alko
01-10-2012, 02:39 PM
yes I put in a grit guard, but I also use 4 gallons of water. I'll dip the wash mitt in and without wringing the mitt of excess water, I'll begin washing the panel. But because of this, there's NO way 2 gallons would last me.

ponzy
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Damn, chemical guys citrus wash and gloss is very cheap.....anyone happy with their product? Do they have washless system as well?....

PPLd
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Thank you for your comment Chris.
I was using the ratio 1oz to 2gal (1:256) in my Excel but as i make it universal for all soaps/no rinse to make up 3.88 gal at the recommended dilution ratio for comparison, i tk i shd stay in that way for the time being.
in fact i hv another column in my xls about "Remarks" that have the manufacturer or online reference source.
however i found it to be too long to be posted up in image format haha.

When i have time i will see how it turn out if i use 4 gal as calculation base.

PPLd
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Damn, chemical guys citrus wash and gloss is very cheap.....anyone happy with their product? Do they have washless system as well?....

While PBMG is selling this, I wouldnt say much about it here:
The Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss (CG CW&G) is a very nice shampoo but there is 1 thing I dislike about it.