PDA

View Full Version : Help IDing what specific wheel type this is?

lokichaos
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey guys! So I know its something Aluminum, but I'm not sure if its coated or what? I planed on using Blackfire gel wheel and tire cleaner and then finishing with Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. Can I still use that combo on this wheel or would you recommend something else? Thanks in advance for any feedback!! :)

rolop6
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
meguiars has an all metal polish, that i have used and is awsome. Their polishes are by far one of the best i have used, try that out, just my opinion.

Setec Astronomy
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
That looks like painted aluminum to me. I don't think the Mag/Al polish is meant for paint.

SpoiledMan
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Painted aluminum is my vote as well. No metal polish for that.

lokichaos
01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Hmm ok then. Any good recs for painted Aluminum? and would the Blackfire gel wheel and tire cleaner be safe for that?

DHCrocks
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
looks like a Toyota Highlander wheel to me. if it is, it's painted with a clearcoat top coat. Do not use mag or aluminum polish, that is for raw aluminum only. You can use a wheel wax or just use what ever you are using for the paint.

surajprasade
02-03-2012, 03:49 AM
There is a simple test to know either it is coated or not. Just take a microfiber cloth & any aluminium polish rub it on to the small area, if black oxidation appears on microfiber then it's not coated & if oxidation doesn't appear then it's coated wheel.

forrest@mothers
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Looks like factory painted and coated.

I'd use a plastic polish but a paint care product would be fine.