PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my new microfiber towels?

davidc11291
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM
I just got my order of blue Cobra rolled edge microfibers. On a couple of of them, there's what looks to be a melted plastic ribbon. 2 of them are actually attached together with one of these melted plastic ribbons. What is this? Is this a big deal? Should I just throw them in the wash and will it come out? I'm thinking that the rolled edges might be secured with these ribbons which are melted to hold the edges, instead of them being secured with thread. Does this mean that if I'm able to pick out all the plastic bits, the rolled edges will come undone?

Keep in mind, I'm not bashing these towels. I'm just asking everybody here if anyone has seen this before, and if it's a big deal or not.

tw33k2514
01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
I have a couple dozen of these towels and have never seen anything like that.

My suggestion would be to contact AG and get some new ones.

david79z28
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I received 3 out of 6 like that on a recent order. The corners were a little rough also. I called AG and they shipped me 3 more that were fine.

soloz2
01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
I just got a 3 pack to try them out and didn't notice anything like that. I'll have to take another look.

RTexasF
01-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Problem with production.........have them replaced.

mwtaco
01-09-2012, 09:39 AM
pm the autogeek staff. as everyone always says, if there is a problem, "they'll make it right". looks like david79z28 did.

shoeless89
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah I have 6 of these and I love them. Its for sure not normal. Call AG :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Flash Gordon
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Looks like quality control took the day off http://www.autopia.org/forum/images/smilies2/fish2.gif

Bobby B.
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I've never seen that before? Call us at 1-800-869-3011 with your order number and we will take care of this issue for you.

davidc11291
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for all the info, guys. Before I contacted the AG staff, I just wanted to check with everybody here and make sure that this plastic wasn't just a normal byproduct of the packaging process and something that would come out in the wash.

I'm gonna call AG here shortly, and I'm sure they'll take care of me :xyxthumbs:

davidc11291
02-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Just to update this thread, I contacted AG. The guy I talked to on the phone said this is an occasional problem because of the way the towels are packaged when they are sent to AG. Sometimes the plastic is easy to remove from the towels, and sometimes it becomes somewhat melted and impossible to remove from the towels. AG took care of me and promply replaced the towels in question.

duck_commander
02-01-2012, 09:06 AM
i'm glad to hear AG took care of you :xyxthumbs:

it seems AG is one of the VERY few companies that understand customer satisfaction is one of the keys to a successful business!

Vellie
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I just looked at it and it looks like some thin scotch tape that was holding a bundle of these together. Looks like they pulled the microfiber towels apart with the tape still wrapped around the bundle and it caused the tape to stretch and sticky side stuck to microfiber towel along with stretched tape.

Just looked at your post above and exactly what I thought

armoredsaint
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Just to update this thread, I contacted AG. The guy I talked to on the phone said this is an occasional problem because of the way the towels are packaged when they are sent to AG. Sometimes the plastic is easy to remove from the towels, and sometimes it becomes somewhat melted and impossible to remove from the towels. AG took care of me and promply replaced the towels in question.

did they require you to return them back or just sent you new ones?