PDA

View Full Version : Aztec Hot Rod or Durrmaid Super 1600?

Pages : [1] 2

Josh@BR
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm about to buy a hot water extractor this week and I'm pretty torn between the Aztec and the Durrmaid Super 1600. My budget is around $700 and these two machines seem to be the most bang for the buck in my opinion. I've heard horror stories about the Durrmaid's but from what I saw all the bad reviews were about the previous model. I couldn't find anything on the new model Super 1600. The Aztec and Durrmaid are both very close in specs but the Durrmaid comes with extra tools including the very much needed crevice tool. I could not find any info on a crevice tool for the Aztec and if there isn't one that would really turn me off to it in a way. Any help on making this decision would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Kristopher1129
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Buy a Mytee Lite II. You will be disappointed with Durrmaid and Aztec. Especially if you buy either of them...and then you get to try the Mytee. The difference is staggering.

I own the Aztec and the Mytee. The Aztec is getting sold in the spring. I'll be upgrading to a bigger Mytee for the shop, and using the Lite II for my mobile unit.

Mobile detail
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Mytee all the way. If not then Aztec. Mytee has a great reputation and a very solid product. Haven't really read Or heard anything negative about the Aztec. I have the Mytee spider and love it but its on the larger side and in a different class compared to the others.

Josh@BR
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Buy a Mytee Lite II. You will be disappointed with Durrmaid and Aztec. Especially if you buy either of them...and then you get to try the Mytee. The difference is staggering.

I own the Aztec and the Mytee. The Aztec is getting sold in the spring. I'll be upgrading to a bigger Mytee for the shop, and using the Lite II for my mobile unit.

Yeah I did look into the Mytee 8070 but the water lift was only 85" compared to the 102" of the Aztec or Durrmaid so I was turned off to it immediately. I don't know too much about hot water extractors but water lift seems like it would be the most important part of the extraction process aside from high heat but I honestly don't know for sure.

I currently use a Bissel Little Green Machine and the water suction is absolutely horrible and leaves the carpet/fabric wet so would that mean the water lift is weak? The Mytee does have higher temperature heating so would that mean it cuts through tough dirt/stains better than the Aztec/Durrmaid? How do you compare the suction of water with the two? Thanks for your help man I'm glad I got to talk to someone with both machines:)

Kristopher1129
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Here's a couple negatives about the Aztec IMO. The psi is practically non existent. The Mytee has double the psi for about the same price.

Also, the 1.5 gal solution tank is rather small. The mytee has 2 gals.

The solution tank cover is junk IMO on the Aztec. I find it to be cheap plastic, and is tough to work with.

I also don't care much for waiting on the tank to heat up. The Mytee is heat injected...so you only have to wait a few seconds, not for a whole tank of water to heat up.

The Aztec is awfully loud for such a little extractor, ha. I think it's louder than my Mytee, and it has less power. Kinda strange.

The water lift has not been an issue with the Mytee. Carpets dry up pretty quick. Actually, the psi will play more into blasting dirt and grime. The Aztec has a really tough time blasting that dirt apart, mainly cause the psi is so weak. The water pretty much dribbles out of the wand. A way to compare...would be to think of when you plug the end of your garden hose with your thumb to get pressure, that would be the Aztec. Then you pickup your pressure washer...that's the Mytee. It feels like that drastic of a change.

In fact, the higher water lift rating on the Aztec is actually pointless cause the psi isn't strong enough to push water down that deep anyways.

I would recommend the Mytee to anyone without even blinking. The Aztec, my opinion is obviously the opposite, lol. I really regret buying it.

Josh@BR
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Mytee all the way. If not then Aztec. Mytee has a great reputation and a very solid product. Haven't really read Or heard anything negative about the Aztec. I have the Mytee spider and love it but its on the larger side and in a different class compared to the others.

Thanks for the input. After reading your and Kristopher's post I'm reconsidering the Mytee. But yeah I'm in no way close to getting a big machine like yours until I get a bigger shop. Thanks again.

Kristopher1129
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the input. After reading your and Kristopher's post I'm reconsidering the Mytee. But yeah I'm in no way close to getting a big machine like yours until I get a bigger shop. Thanks again.

Trust me...you'll thank us later. The Mytee Lite II would be perfect for you, and it's in your price range. It's small enough to take mobile, and great in a shop as well. :dblthumb2:

shoeless89
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I just got the Mytee Lite II about a month ago and I LOVE it. I've use it on a couple friends cars and some spot removal on my parents carpet. I'm so glad I got one, I'm mobile so size was a big factor. At first I was a little worried about how big it would be but It fits in the back seat of my 2007 Toyota Corolla that I detail out of to give you some size reference. I would for sure go with the Mytee. I'll PM you with some more information.

Josh@BR
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Trust me...you'll thank us later. The Mytee Lite II would be perfect for you, and it's in your price range. It's small enough to take mobile, and great in a shop as well. :dblthumb2:

I can't believe my mind was changed so quick lol but if anyone would know which is better it would be you with the machines. I found a website that has the Mytee 8070 for 649.00 which is a lot better than AG's 799.00. I'll still buy through AG though if they'll match it since I love to support them as much as I can. Thanks again for the help!

Mytee: Mytee Lite II Portable Detailer - 8070 - 2 Stage Vac - 100psi - 1000 Watt Heater [8070] - Auto Detail Machines and Extractors - Auto Detailing & Car Wash: (http://www.steam-brite.com/store/mytee-mytee-lite-portable-detailer-8070-stage-100psi-1000-watt-heater-p-4369.html)
(for anyone else interested)

New Image
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I just got the mytee lite and i couldnt be happier.

IID
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I have a Duramaid1600(less than a year old),in Excellent condition for sale.
PM if your interested.

Kristopher1129
01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I can't believe my mind was changed so quick lol but if anyone would know which is better it would be you with the machines. I found a website that has the Mytee 8070 for 649.00 which is a lot better than AG's 799.00. I'll still buy through AG though if they'll match it since I love to support them as much as I can. Thanks again for the help!

Mytee: Mytee Lite II Portable Detailer - 8070 - 2 Stage Vac - 100psi - 1000 Watt Heater [8070] - Auto Detail Machines and Extractors - Auto Detailing & Car Wash: (http://www.steam-brite.com/store/mytee-mytee-lite-portable-detailer-8070-stage-100psi-1000-watt-heater-p-4369.html)
(for anyone else interested)

Keep the link, and I'm sure AG will match it for you.

New Image
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
I dont think they will price match. But you can always try.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/customer-comments/44623-autogeek-please-price-match.html

Kristopher1129
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I dont think they will price match. But you can always try.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/customer-comments/44623-autogeek-please-price-match.html

Or maybe not, haha.:bolt:

Josh@BR
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Well I just bought the Mytee 8070 and can't freaking wait to try this thing out!! Hopefully its a night and day difference from my Bissel LGM haha. AG DID price match it for me with the shipping included that the other site was going to charge me so it was about $695 total which is a lot better than the $875 shipped that AG normally charges. I also got the Crevice Tool since I know I'd be mad at myself for not getting it then needing it. Thanks for the help in making my decision everyone!