PDA

View Full Version : Washed my car this am and found this.....

Sixbanger
01-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I washed my car this morning and found this starting on my front bumper. My car is still under warranty and I'd like to know if I can save this from getting worse or having to be repainted..
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/korn21/IMG_0295.jpg

oneill24
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Are you referring to the paint chip? I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture but if its only a paint chip the dealership probably isn't going to cover that. Id suggest getting a clear bra.

Sixbanger
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes the issue is the paint chip. This can't be from a rock chip.

crxman2010
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes the issue is the paint chip. This can't be from a rock chip.

How can it not be from a rock?

RFulmer
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Are you talking about the dark "blob" looking area, about the size of a nickle just above the driveway reflection?

Or, the little white rock chip about the size of a pea?

Shawnw
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
How can it not be from a rock?
Ditto, what are we missing?

Sixbanger
01-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Are you talking about the dark "blob" looking area, about the size of a nickle just above the driveway reflection?

Or, the little white rock chip about the size of a pea?

Im talking about the site of the bumper where its chipping.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Ohhhh I see what you are saying ....... It's under the body line guys the dark blob that RF is referring too

Yea I would say bring it to the dealer and see what they say..... No aftermarket paint job is going to be better than stock so maybe they can just sand and re-clear that section

opie_7afe
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
if its clear coat peeling up that is a sign of clear coat failure and being that its a new vehicle with warranty i would bring it back and get it looked at. that would be a defect in the painting process. if its the white "chip" use dr.colorchip on all chips then get an invisible bra to prevent even more damage.

andrew b
01-08-2012, 08:35 PM
If you are referring to the grey irregular shaped spot under the crease on the body line, it looks like the paint flaked off - I'd definitely take that in to be looked at/explained. Might have been a spot where the paint didn't bond to the bumper surface for some reason.

oneill24
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry about that i thought we were looking at the white spot, i didnt see the black blob. Like andrew said it looks like there was a paint bonding problem and a good dealership should fix that for you.

mswerb
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Taking it to a dealership could be risky. if they don't have a bodyshop, they probably use a mobile mender who works outside. Make sure you ASK first.