PDA

View Full Version : spider web scratches

1panel2nv
01-08-2012, 09:29 AM
hey everyone HELP! ive been doing some research on how to remove the spider web sratches on my car. my car is white in color, i notice the fine scratches at night under the lights and when then sun beats on it, what is the best product for this issue, i do have the varible speed dewalt buffer, basically im trying to get the most shine out of it as i can it has been clayed bar.the fine scratches arent that bad im just really picky about my car. thanks:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
You can use your rotary buffer but be aware that the direct drive action rotating a pad on some paints can leave it's own swirl pattern called holograms. You won't see them till you wash the car or strip the paint and some paints are more polishable than others, skill is a huge factor.

You're going to need at a minimum a medium cut polish and a fine cut polish and if you want to finish out using only your rotary buffer then you're going to want an ultra fine polish. You'll want a selection of pads to go with each of the above polishes.

You're also going to want a good quality wax, paint sealant or coating to seal the paint when you're done to add a layer of sacrificial protection that you'll need to re-apply periodically.

What do you have for pads right now?
What do you have for polishes?

Also, see my article here,

Hologram Free with a Rotary Buffer (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/43684-hologram-free-rotary-buffer.html)

Even if you and your process leave very fine holograms in the paint after the last rotary buffer machine step, if you continually maintain a coat of wax or paint sealant on the paint this will mask the swirls in bright sun so it's not an issue. Just depends upon your criteria for what's acceptable to you.

Another option is to finish out with a DA Polisher of some type, like a Cyclo, Flex 3401 or any of the DA Polishers like the PC, Griot's or the Meguiar's units.

By changing the action of the tool you change the end results.

:)

1panel2nv
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
hey mike thanks for the info. iwas really looking at the optimum sray polish and the optimum spray compound what do you think i watched the video and it looked real good:xyxthumbs: