PDA

View Full Version : Pre-detail questionnaire

sparty
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I have a question: For those of you that detail full or part-time, do you have your clients complete any type of pre-detail questionnaire? I believe that this can be a valuable tool to familiarize yourself with the vehicle, meet your clients' desires and to help educate your clients. It can also be helpful when trying to sell your services.

I created a rough questionnaire. Please offer some constructive criticism.

Sparty

tw33k2514
01-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I have a sheet they fill out with name, address, email, phone number. And then a couple key questions like how shiny they like their interior and tires.

habeba86
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I think this is a good idea in my mind, but i think alot of my cuztomers wouldnt wanna take the time to do it.

shoeless89
01-08-2012, 01:14 AM
I think this is a good idea in my mind, but i think alot of my cuztomers wouldnt wanna take the time to do it.

This would be a GREAT tool for us, but I also agree people wouldn't like doing it. It reminds me of going to the doctor and having to fill out those forms lol

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Visitor92014
01-08-2012, 01:19 AM
I can't really make out those images; might be my computer. This would serve as a consent to allow you to work on their vehicle too I would think.

If it's not already there, maybe a line at the end that states something like " by signing this, you agree to let xxx perform the above service(s) ".

weavers
01-08-2012, 01:21 AM
interesting.

personally I do a walk around with the client. Ask them questions, point things and and tell about about expected outcomes, what I can do, cost, and some education. ie how often to wax, what wax does, ect.

I also asked what do they want me to focus on. most people want a shinny car.

maXum Mobile D.
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
sound good but i definitely hate filling out the questionnaires at the doctors office so i would hate to do it to have my car/truck wash n waxed

Bunky
01-08-2012, 07:33 AM
sound good but i definitely hate filling out the questionnaires at the doctors office so i would hate to do it to have my car/truck wash n waxed

Same here. Yes do it verbally and yes/no for correction work.

mswerb
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I think the questionnaire is a slightly good idea, but I would not use it. Maybe a checklist of what you have done to the vehilce would be better. This way you could go over it with the customer at the time of delivery. I would rather WOW them with the work, and have them say " You do that?" when they see what you can do, or have done.

sparty
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the comments. I too dislike filling-out paper work. The pre-detail form would be optional for clients. I always do a one-on-one discussion/vehicle inspection prior to detail with the client. I have a checklist that I personally use as we go over the vehicle - with somewhat similar questions to the form I created for clients. It has worked well.

I want my clients experience to be special. I want them to walkaway feeling that they received not only a great detail, but personal attention. Mind you, I am not a production detailer. I have done a few vehicles a year for the past several years. I am going to begin to take on a few more this spring and summer. I have detailed a few daily-drivers, but the majority of my work has been performed on what many would consider
their mid-life crisis vehicle.

Thank you again for the suggestions,
Sparty