PDA

View Full Version : Eeeeeeeeeeeek

D.Acker
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I was just watching Ultimate Factories. This episode happened to be from 2009 for Porshe Panamera. At the end they were saying how no car could leave dirty and they were running a brand new Porshe through a brush car wash.:eek:

I could see swirls in the paint in a shot of the car following. What were they thinking?

Porsche Pilot
01-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Funny, I just watched that also. When we had our 2010 Panamera it was a mess. I assumed the dealer hacked it up but apparently it was born that way!

D.Acker
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Funny, I just watched that also. When we had our 2010 Panamera it was a mess. I assumed the dealer hacked it up but apparently it was born that way!

Kinda makes you wonder how many dealers get blamed for that, when in reality the car came from the factory like that.

The episode prior was Maserati and they were polishing the cars with rotaries (I believe) before they were wrapped and shipped.:props:

chaotik
01-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Saw that also.... Amazing since they explain in great detail earlier in the show how meticulous they are about having perfect bodywork and perfect paintwork. Maybe I am just weird, but I love looking at the work stations and carts in that facility, with holders specifically made for each Bosch electric/ or air impacts... Each with their own specific bit/ torque settings, etc. Imagine the money just wrapped up in making the carts to hold tools for vehicle assembly.

Top gear hade an episode about the Panamera when it came out... Said they were waiting for chewbaca to sit in the passenger seat to operate all the buttons and switches...

jreblackGT
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry but there is no #!@* excuse for any car, much less one that expensive, to leave the factory paint damaged from that sort of treatment. Amazing.

shoeless89
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I think we could teach the car manufactures something to help their sales :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

BobbyG
01-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I think we could teach the car manufactures something to help their sales :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

I think we could teach them a lot more than just something!! :props: